Sign in to follow this  

FCR39 Set-up Help

Just picked up a '07SM, just got my full Yosh RS2 put on. Found a used FCR39 (Not MX). I see alot on the MX, but not much for the older slant. Where should I be with jetting on this? As well as everything else?

This is what I got:

~Full RS2

~I'm riding between 600'-3,000'

Should I should be somewhere along this?

160 main jet

200 main air jet

EMN needle

clip 3

45 pilot jet

100 pilot air jet

2 turns fuel screw

Eddie Mod

3x3 Air box

The carb has a TPS too, take it off, or just leave it and zip tie it away?

Thanks Guys

Its not mentioned but with that jetting is it safe to say you are removing and capping off the Coast Enrichener correct?

I am running the exact same jetting with a MRD/SSW pipe and it has amazing power delivery and just soo smooth everywhere :cheers:

Based on all the threads I have read the TPS if properly adjusted is useful. If not adjusted or not working properly it is OK to unplug it. I have mine unplugged and it runs fine without it. The guys smarter than me on this subject would tell you to adjust it to spec and leave it plugged in if you can. I want to remove the TPS but I need to find the proper size welch plug first so I can properly cap off the resulting hole once the TPS is removed.

Yea, from what I was reading the coast enrichener is not used for the drz, I think. I gotta pull the carb apart to see whats in it and get it all set up . jetsrus.com seemed to have a good selection and pricing on jets. Or I was thinking of going the JD route. I will probably leave the TPS alone.

if you are going the OEM jet/needle route I would buy from Eddie at Epic/SSW. He set me up with all my jetting and everything is perfect :ride:

Actually I would buy all your stuff from Eddie :cheers:

When removing the CE, does the carb still need to use the vacuum line and fitting? Any suggestions on best was to plug the nipples?

I second buying from Eddie. After I installed my FCR-MX from Eddie all I needed to do was tweak the idle adjuster ever so slightly. Other than that its darn near perfect.

When removing the CE, does the carb still need to use the vacuum line and fitting? Any suggestions on best was to plug the nipples?

Cap the port on the engine, connect a vacuum line between the two on the carb. Get the caps from an auto parts store.

What needle came with the carb you have?

Just took it out and it doesn't have any markings on it at all. I was going to order an EMN.

Also the PAJ has a spring behind it, and the jet itself has no markings. Is it an adjustable one?

So I think it is an adjustable pilot air jet, one turn out from all the way in would give me a #100 correct?

I'm trying to figure out what needle is in the carb. It has no markings, straight taper. 7 Grooves. Stock DXP?

Also the carb has three jets in the bottom, 160main, 45pilot, and a 65 Air (Why is this air jet there?). Everything is checking out but the needel and the 65air jet in the bottom.

I'm trying to figure out what needle is in the carb. It has no markings, straight taper. 7 Grooves. Stock DXP?

Also the carb has three jets in the bottom, 160main, 45pilot, and a 65 Air (Why is this air jet there?). Everything is checking out but the needel and the 65air jet in the bottom.

No, the OEM needle is marked OBDXP.

So it's an after market needle,, without knowing a lot about that needle, or who supplied it.. I'd toss it aside and go with a know needle. EMN, and correct jetting for it. Or order a new JD jetting kit.

The 65 is the starter jet, it's for fuel, not air

Edited by E.Marquez
Fixed typo

Ahh OK. 65 is correct for the starter jet right? And do I want a EMM or EMN? I've read EMN is what I want too. THnaks

Ahh OK. 65 is correct for the starter jet right? And do I want a EMM or EMN? I've read EMN is what I want too. THnaks

Yes the 65 starter jet is correct. And that was a fat fingered type.. should have read EMN

Got it all put on today and wow what a difference! Runs great, no problems. Thanks for all the help fellas!