How I spent my tax return...

Tax refund worked out in my favor this year for once and I decided to freshen up my DRZ :cheers:

First a quick look at what I was starting with:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=72835

What it looks like after mod-fest:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=93134

Changes:

- SSW re-sprung and tuned the suspension (Thanks Eddie!)

- KTM fork guards and seal savers

- Excel Rims laced to Rad Eagle hubs (fasterusa.com)

- HEL braided SS brake lines

- CRF Rear master cylinder

- BRP upper triple clamp

- Tag lower triple clamp (with new steering head bearings, press work done by SSW)

- Scotts damper in BRP sub mount

- Pro Grip 174 Rally grips

- Lightspeed CF frame guards (from TT classifieds)

- MRD/SSW exhaust with insert,spark arrestor and pro comp tip

It could be cleaner for sure but I think it turned out pretty nice as is :ride:

Here is a pic showing behind the bars, still need to clean up some of the wiring

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=93135

Edited by ROMAD

LOOKS GOOD and i'm sure it will perform better. I used my tax return on my bike as well. I paid it off!!!! super stoked. maybe next year I can go on a modfest!!!

Money well spent i'd say:thumbsup:. The black rims look good how does the bike now ride with the suspension mods??:cheers:

Bike is sweeeet looking. Love the black rims on the off road setup on drz bc you don't see them that often. Money well spent my friend

Nice work

we appreciate the business,thank you.

Thanks for the nice words and special thanks to Eddie and the crew at SSW! Couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

It all started out with a simple idea to have the suspension setup by Eddie. After I realized how deep I was digging into the bike I started thinking "Well as long as I am taking it apart this far why not do...." :ride:

That lead to the Scotts and triple clamp work, of course the steering bearings needed freshening (shoulda followed the FAQ closer :bonk:) Eddie was very accommodating to a bunch of last minute adds to "just a suspension re-spring and tune". Sold off the OEM wheels to a TT member to subsidize the new wheels. A phone call to Dave at MRD set the new pipe in motion as well as selling off the old exhaust bits. The CRF master cyclinder started as a $30 mod that lead me to new SS lines just cuz. I sold off a lot of parts to help fund all this but the refund was the lions share.

Haven't had a chance to take it off road yet but the test rides around the neighborhood are very encouraging - everything feels so smooth and dialed in now :cheers:

Need to thank the TT DRZ members at large, tons of useful and important info was uncovered in past posts that played a huge part in how everything developed :p

It all started out with a simple idea to have the suspension setup by Eddie. After I realized how deep I was digging into the bike I started thinking "Well as long as I am taking it apart this far why not do...." :ride:

Yep, know exactly what you mean. Went through that whole tempation last month (and gave in) while converting my SM for dirt. But mean looking bike, man :cheers: Really like the look.

bike looks great!

black rims always make a dirt bike look tougher somehow

ktm fork guards make a big difference. cani ask roughly how much that set you back.

...and what seat are you running if ya don't mind

I spent right around $50 a few months back when I did the KTM fork guard mod.

Your bike looks WAY better! I bet it performs way better as well. Congrats on the sweet looking ride man.

what seat are you running if ya don't mind

Thanks for the nice words! The seat is a Renazco and I cant recommend them highly enough, what SSW is to the DRZ drivetrain...Renazco is to the DRZ seat. All the other details and general prices are listed in my garage :cheers:

Edited by ROMAD