Sign in to follow this  

A piston or B piston

I'm sure there are a thousand threads about this but I can't find one...:cheers:

What size is the 'B' piston and when is it necessary? I've used a Wiseco on my last 2 rebuilds but they don't differentiate a or b, just 66.4mm. I get a slight knock /slap when the engine is cold but then disappears when she's warm. I'm thinking I'll go all oem this time around so I need to pick one. Thanks, Larry.

2000 CR250

Honda no longer make the A piston,if your able to find one it's old stock.

Difference is to small to notice

Hmmmmm. If the 'a' is larger but the difference is negligible does that mean it should fit a standard bore? It looks like some measuring is in order. The vendor I'm looking at offers both.

your cylinder should be marked A or B on the left side and then your suppose to use the matching OEM piston. But as others said, I've always heard it doesn't matter.

However, I have a 99' CR250 and I cannot find the "A" or "B" marking on my cylinder...

Mystery solved. She's got an 'A' cylinder. That stamp looked like an arrow...:ride: montigeau, the stamp is on the left rear thread bore. I found a pic of it in my FSM when I got home tonite. Thanks for the responses guys, time to shop.:cheers: