1992 rm 125 PLEASE READ.

I have a 1992 rm 125 and it will start fine, run fine for about 5 minutes and die and bog down on me. its always as soon as i get down flooring it. i had it topped goin down the road and it just bogs and dies. i dont know what the problem is. its at my buddies house right now and he said he rode it and it did the same thing to him. he checked the plug..licked it and said it was soaked with gas..not good. i dont know what the problem and i would appreciate :cheers: it if some gave me some advice/tips/help on what may be the problem. THANKS A BUNCH!!!

he checked the plug..licked it and said it was soaked with gas..not good

:cheers:

Change spark plug, clean carb, inspect carb., inspect reeds, clean filter, if none of that checks out its time to pull the top end. My guess is its fried since you were riding tapped down the road. My guess is that it wasnt properly warmed up before you ripped off down the road.

And why the hell would your friend lick the spark plug? its gonna taste like gas no matter ifs running perfect or if it doesnt run at all.:cheers:

Theres too many things that could be wrong to give a certain answer. Time to get a manual and dig in. No way around it.

Sorry, had to stop laughing.

Yeah I was wondering about seizure. Like you're leaning way far out on the top. Does it have this bog and die symptom under normal riding? I'm guessing no. Did you check your jetting after you rebuilt it? Do you rebuild it or someone else? What all was done with it?

Sorry, had to stop laughing.

Yeah I was wondering about seizure. Like you're leaning way far out on the top. Does it have this bog and die symptom under normal riding? I'm guessing no.

that would be my guess as well...

Def a comical post. :cheers: Im still not so sure its even a serious thread.

"its always as soon as I get down flooring it, I had it topped going down the road"

"my friend licked the spark plug and it tasted like gas"??????? WHAT??? WHY???

If its a serious post I suggest this kid reads the manual front to back to even get an idea of what hes trying to explain, and his friend needs to go get a psych eval. to make sure everything is in his head. I laugh everytime I try to think of a legitimate reason to lick a spark plug.

Why the hell would you lick a spark plug? A visual inspection not good enough,eh?

Faxon, you're going to have to have some tough skin to see the help in this thread. Licking plugs is just awesome. Stick in there..... laugh a little too.

My 92 would do this so I checked the reeds and they were broken. New set of reeds and it stopped. Give it a try and remember don't lick your plugs!

Check that filter, and are you sure its got heating up? Possible you have an airlock in your coolant.

I have a 1992 rm 125 and it will start fine, run fine for about 5 minutes and die and bog down on me. its always as soon as i get down flooring it. i had it topped goin down the road and it just bogs and dies. i dont know what the problem is. its at my buddies house right now and he said he rode it and it did the same thing to him. he checked the plug..licked it and said it was soaked with gas..not good. i dont know what the problem and i would appreciate :cheers: it if some gave me some advice/tips/help on what may be the problem. THANKS A BUNCH!!!

I think your problem is totaly carborator. Here is a list of things I would look over.

First thing is to set your air screw at 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 and ride it. If it runs better, then clean your carb and start going down my list.

I have no ideal what pilot and main jet you have in there, so lets check that out first. Find out what the stock jetting was and start from that point. Keep in mind that most bike come jetted rich from the factory. Now what mods are done to the bike? You got an aftermarket pipe? If so, then go to that pipes website and see if you can find the recomended jetting specs. A bike of your age, I would not trust that the jets are not drilled or worn. Get some new jets when you figure out what you should be running.

Set your slide needle on the 2nd clip for now. You may need to go to the 3rd clip later to fine tune it for your riding style. I don't know if you ring the gutts out your bike or just poke around, but don't set the c-clip on the top groove, it just throws the tuneing all over the charts. 2nd and 3rd groove, remember that it will be on the test.

Make sure you check and set your float level. Does the bike pee gas out on the floor from the float bowl over flow tube? If so then this is a big part of your problem. Can't tune a flooding bike.

Reeds do crack or chip and if this bike has never had a fresh set then put them in now and save yourself some pain later. It could be your reeds, but most the time bad reeds act up in the low rpms, but a split reed could act up in the mid and top rpms. Just throw a set in and be done with it.

If all this does not help then post back about everthing you did and how the bike acts now. We will take it from that point to help you.

I don't know why you guys are makeing fun of licking the spark plug? I always have black stripes on my tongue :ride:, geeezzz whiz Wally don't everyone? :p A better way to test is lick the plug while your best buddy kicks the bike over. :bonk:

thanks guys but it was not me that did any of that. i have water in my radiators and he said i may have a warped head. so to know whether it was gas or water on the plug he licked it. lol. idk why but he just does that. haha. anyway my heads fine he said my carb is realllyy messed up. and i just rebuilt the top end thank you. i bought a f***ed up biike pretty much. i got ripped off

I think your problem is totaly carborator. Here is a list of things I would look over.

First thing is to set your air screw at 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 and ride it. If it runs better, then clean your carb and start going down my list.

I have no ideal what pilot and main jet you have in there, so lets check that out first. Find out what the stock jetting was and start from that point. Keep in mind that most bike come jetted rich from the factory. Now what mods are done to the bike? You got an aftermarket pipe? If so, then go to that pipes website and see if you can find the recomended jetting specs. A bike of your age, I would not trust that the jets are not drilled or worn. Get some new jets when you figure out what you should be running.

Set your slide needle on the 2nd clip for now. You may need to go to the 3rd clip later to fine tune it for your riding style. I don't know if you ring the gutts out your bike or just poke around, but don't set the c-clip on the top groove, it just throws the tuneing all over the charts. 2nd and 3rd groove, remember that it will be on the test.

Make sure you check and set your float level. Does the bike pee gas out on the floor from the float bowl over flow tube? If so then this is a big part of your problem. Can't tune a flooding bike.

Reeds do crack or chip and if this bike has never had a fresh set then put them in now and save yourself some pain later. It could be your reeds, but most the time bad reeds act up in the low rpms, but a split reed could act up in the mid and top rpms. Just throw a set in and be done with it.

If all this does not help then post back about everthing you did and how the bike acts now. We will take it from that point to help you.

I don't know why you guys are makeing fun of licking the spark plug? I always have black stripes on my tongue :cheers:, geeezzz whiz Wally don't everyone? :ride: A better way to test is lick the plug while your best buddy kicks the bike over. :p

thanks man ill try all of that. my bike does pee gas but people tell me its supposed to do that. i know its not. i didnt know what to do but my buddy is workin on it now. were gonna try gettin a new jet kit and see what happens.