Front Fender Change on DR650

Hey everyone, Was wondering if most front fenders of different makes would (with some moding) work on a DR650? I really like the WR450F front fender. The biggest reason why I like it is because its blue like the one on my 650 now. Do you agree, disagree or have some better alternatives for me?

Thanks!!

You could probably make any fender work eventually.

The 2001+ RM125/250 front fender is direct swap bolt on with no drilling needed though and looks better than stock and similar to the WR fender style, although I admit the WR fender is sweet. If you find the back of the RM fender rubbing on anything just slip a pair of washers on top of the fender (between fender and lower triple clamp) for the rear mounting bolts and it should resolve any clearance issues - this is commonly done on the DRZ400 for just such a reason.

Edited by ROMAD

I really like the looks of the Polisport fenders on the DR as well. Here's a couple shots of one that was posted over on ADV:

5510224551_1e5540eea6_o.jpg

5510206141_29f7a1a453_o.jpg

do you have a link to more pics/specs of that bike? It is SEXY.

do you have a link to more pics/specs of that bike? It is SEXY.

It's Dongies build and one of my favorites as well :cheers: He was a regular in the TT DRZ forum but I think he moved on to the DR full time now

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654953&

Thanks for all the help!! That bike does look sweet!! I do really like the Polisport fender as well. I may just have to consider going all white.

Thanks Again

I really like the looks of the Polisport fenders on the DR as well. Here's a couple shots of one that was posted over on ADV:

5510224551_1e5540eea6_o.jpg

5510206141_29f7a1a453_o.jpg

This fender sure looks like the 2010-2011 YZ450F front fender. You can get it from Yamaha, UFO, Polisport or Acerbis. Yamaha makes the YZ in blue or white which matches the DR blue very well. I have the Acerbis Supermoto fender (YZ Blue) on mine and it also looks good. It's a little short in the front but has a shape similar to the YZ fender.

Raising this one from the dead, just in case anyone wants to see how the YZF 450 fender looks on the DR650. You'll have to re-drill 4 holes to make it work, but otherwise, it's a simple swap. The blue isn't a PERFECT match to the Suzuki blue, but you have to be super, super particular to either recognize or care. For me, the better shape far outweighs the slight difference. The view of the fender when riding is it is really cool... there's just so much more shape and definition to the YZF fender.

IMG_0248_zps3b6f48c0.jpg

IMG_0247_zpsb4372f98.jpg

IMG_0242_zps3677c8a4.jpg

Raising this one from the dead, just in case anyone wants to see how the YZF 450 fender looks on the DR650. You'll have to re-drill 4 holes to make it work, but otherwise, it's a simple swap. The blue isn't a PERFECT match to the Suzuki blue, but you have to be super, super particular to either recognize or care. For me, the better shape far outweighs the slight difference. The view of the fender when riding is it is really cool... there's just so much more shape and definition to the YZF fender.

IMG_0248_zps3b6f48c0.jpg

IMG_0247_zpsb4372f98.jpg

IMG_0242_zps3677c8a4.jpg

What headlight fairing are you using ?  Those are integrated turn signal LED strips too right ????  That thing is sicc looking. Any mods to install as far as wiring went ? 

Edited by Some_dude36

I don't own my DR anymore, but I'm glad you brought up the headlight. That's an Acerbis LED Vision headlight. DO NOT USE OR BUY IT! I seriously can't stress this enough. I knew when I bought it that it wasn't "DOT Approved", but I had no idea just how dim the light would be. It's nowhere close to a brightness level that could be ridden at night. I have an old 1974 Yamaha DT175 with an underpowered 6v headlight, and it blows the Acerbis away. I never even went for a ride with the Acerbis. After wiring it up, I realized how crappy it was and threw it away. I later went to a Baja Designs headlight, and LOVED it!