removing wheel

i am a noob and i have never done this befor. i dont want to sound retared but how do you remove your wheel with out having to touch the chain tension and all that so i dont have to go through extra work?

Pull the axle, slide the wheel forward, slip chain off sprocket & hang over end of swingarm.

Remove wheel w/caliper & mount. Then slide caliper off rotor. Done.

Im assuming your talking about the rear wheel? I just pull the axle bolt, remove the chain from the sprocket, the chain doesnt even need to be taken apart and pull the wheel off.

make sure you pay attention to which axle spacer goes on which side if they are different. I just used a sharpie and put a small R on the right side and put a L on the left side small enough so that it couldnt be seen from the outside.

Why can't people spell and use proper punctuation anymore?

You should be able to figure out how to pull the wheel by just by looking at how it's put together, not really that hard to do.

Why can't people spell and use proper punctuation anymore?

You should be able to figure out how to pull the wheel by just by looking at how it's put together, not really that hard to do.

Why do you feel the need to post and not offer any of the help the OP asked for?

Maybe he just wants to know what hes getting into, he did admit he's never done it before and if he's asking Im going to assume that maybe hes not too mechanically inclined.

OH, Crap I forgot to use my spelling and grammer check:bonk:

There is no shame in being a Retard:)

Next time just remember to ad a question like "how to make your own weelbearings from whats in your kitchen drawer" and you will be fine:)

If you plan to (try) work on your bike, the first thing that you should purchase is a service manual. It will give you step by step instructions for removal (unless you are trying to install a crf 450 engine in a frame).

Don't let the spelling/grammar reference throw you. If proper spelling/grammar was a requisite on this forum there wouldn't be any questions, nor answers. And, the answers reflect a tremendous fund of knowledge and experience that warrant figuring out what word they are trying to spell. That said, no one answered part of your question (about keeping the chain tension). Sorry, it can't be done. Everytime you remove the rear wheel it has to be slid forward so the chain will come off the sprocket. It's chain tension start-over time everytime. However, if you have the snail adjusters, you can take a look at the number setting on each snail before you loosen things, then return them to that setting when reinstalling/tightening the axle. Make sure you get the nut side snail back on in the correct orientation (look at the non-nut side and match it). If you have the threaded adjusters I can't help you.

Keep asking questions, pay attention to how things are attached before you remove them, and use a digital camera for those "help me remember" shots before removing things.

If you pull the axle out you can slide the wheel forward and pull the chain off the rear sprocket. You don't have to touch the adjuster bolts, though I would pull them out and anti-seize them so they don't get stuck in the swing arm.