Sign in to follow this  

California A Little Cal City Ride

A few of the highlights from a nice loop on Sunday. The real fun starts at 4:20. Working on a second video and will post shortly!

HA - I made a funny and didn't even realize it!

Here is the second video. One of the fun trails in the Rands!

I've ridden that trail a few times, the last with Squid Reuel. He wheelied that stuff with one hand in the air and passed me like I was standing still. Those guys spend all their time up in the hills so it was like second nature to Reuel.

Then we got to the faster stuff.....

Wow.. that looks like a lot of fun. I've ridden trails like that in other areas but never near Cal City.. hmmm, must find.

Wow.. that looks like a lot of fun. I've ridden trails like that in other areas but never near Cal City.. hmmm, must find.

Check your PM! :cheers:

It's definitely fun up in that area, especially when you find the good stuff. Some of those Rand mountain trails are cool. cliff sides, step ups and downs, all sorts of stuff. some with pucker potential.

Most of what I've seen of the Rands lately has been from behind all that bitchin' fencing...

I haven't found anything in Cal City "proper" that even resembles the single track in that first video, but then again, I usually avoid Cal City like the plague...

Greg, you been holding out on me buddy? :cheers:

Most of what I've seen of the Rands lately has been from behind all that bitchin' fencing...

I haven't found anything in Cal City "proper" that even resembles the single track in that first video, but then again, I usually avoid Cal City like the plague...

Greg, you been holding out on me buddy? :ride:

That was what I thought of Cal City until one day I rode with Jim (!Hondalover) well now I don't think that way anymore. I've got several rides with him since January and really like the Rand Mtns. I know once it gets hot that area will be early morning or not at all rides, but we've had such a wet winter and the dirt/rocks have been great. That must be the trail Jim labeled awesome, good stuff indeed.:cheers:

I think I've been riding with Jim - as I recall I was left broken and crying at the end of the day...

Greg, you been holding out on me buddy? :cheers:

We've ridden right by that trailhead before. Remember? You were inspecting it pretty closely :ride:

ChadNap1.jpg

ChadNap2.jpg

So how does Jim deal with the up and down rock ledges... just bash them out of the way with his XR-STEAM ROLLER 650 skid plate ?

So how does Jim deal with the up and down rock ledges... just bash them out of the way with his XR-STEAM ROLLER 650 skid plate ?

No Jeff, he's actually pretty smooth with that stuff........it's the whoops headed over to the area that he just steam rolls, it's like watching a freight train with no rails:lol: Hell one day we were looking for a trail and he took off down the side of one mountain, picking his way down a rocky slope, Andrew and I looked at each other and found a ridge that got us to the same place. He was at the bottom waiting on us with that stupid grin of his...you know, the one that says WHAT? IT WASN'T THAT BAD!:cheers::lol:

Freight Train with no rails... is a good description !

Great video Greg... Tony handled his get off like a trooper... nice buddy riding for sure on your part !

FM........(F'in Magic)

No Jeff, he's actually pretty smooth with that stuff........it's the whoops headed over to the area that he just steam rolls, it's like watching a freight train with no rails:lol: Hell one day we were looking for a trail and he took off down the side of one mountain, picking his way down a rocky slope, Andrew and I looked at each other and found a ridge that got us to the same place. He was at the bottom waiting on us with that stupid grin of his...you know, the one that says WHAT? IT WASN'T THAT BAD!:cheers::lol:

Hey Kriss, you sound like the perfect candidate for the new club I'm starting:thumbsup:

Hey Kriss, you sound like the perfect candidate for the new club I'm starting:thumbsup:

Uh, yeah.......Sorry, already joined the Capt Morgan drinkers on pain killers club:smirk:

Aaaah capt Morgan.. do YOU have what it takes to be a capt? As I lift one leg and strike a pose... LOL