Sign in to follow this  

trail riding - Stillwater, OK - A little bit of the Red Trail

Good video but its set too low sometimes all you can see is handlebar pad.

it is set a little low - this was my first attemp with a chest mount - the camera needs to be just a little higher so it picks up more of the terrain and less of the pad. it's fun testing all this stuff out and making adjustments, i've got a lot of respect for the guys that REALLY sit down and produce their videos, it takes so long.

I am sure it is just an illusion - but it looks like your bars are mounted to the triple backwards. Check it out.

Nice vid.

Is that a GoPro non HD?

it's the HD Hero - When I make the movies from the raw video I select to produce them at a resolution that makes the files size more reasonable. I can always quickly make the video in full HD if I want to watch them on the big screen at home :cheers:

I am sure it is just an illusion - but it looks like your bars are mounted to the triple backwards. Check it out.

Nice vid.

i've noticed the bars look a little funny with this chest mount as well, likely because of the "fish eye" effect that the wide angle lens has. I can assure you they are mounted correctly :ride:

thanks for watching!

and from the same day here's a video of the "blue" trail - which is a bit more open and faster paced. Lot's of 4' tall whoops though as this is the atv trail as well and i'm too chicken to hit those with any real speed to skim the top of them. I stop trying to stay on top once they get above 2' :cheers:

it is set a little low - this was my first attemp with a chest mount - the camera needs to be just a little higher so it picks up more of the terrain and less of the pad. it's fun testing all this stuff out and making adjustments, i've got a lot of respect for the guys that REALLY sit down and produce their videos, it takes so long.

Did you use the chest mount or did you mount it to your chest protector? I've noticed that most of chest mount videos are too low. I just downloaded my first GoPro videos with the camera mounted to my chest protector and it shows very little of the bars. I'll post up a video as soon as I have time to edit and download.

Did you use the chest mount or did you mount it to your chest protector? I've noticed that most of chest mount videos are too low. I just downloaded my first GoPro videos with the camera mounted to my chest protector and it shows very little of the bars. I'll post up a video as soon as I have time to edit and download.

yes, please post it.

I mounted the gopro to my chest protector - there were two smooth/flat spots I could have used, one was towards the mid/bottom of the chest protector (about 2/3rd the way down) and the other is up higher towards the neck. I used the lower spot this time and with the arm I have on the gopro case it was about 3" above the stick on mount. I'm going to try the top spot next ride, it will raise the lens 6"-8" and I think it will make the video's much better.

I also took some footage with the helmet mount (i like it on the side) but it loses a lot of the effect of the bike bucking because my head stays on a fairly smooth plane.

i have a love/hate for that place, when its in the 90 and riding an enduro for 4 hrs non stop its either wet or dusty, nothing in between it seems

Mine is mounted up as high on my chest protector as I could get it. Now that I've watched the videos a few times, I think I'll point it down just a little. When I sit down, the camera angle is a little bit too high.

I'm downloading the videos right now, but it's painfully slow. I'm away from home using a netbook with a crappy WiFi connection.

Edited by Cactus73

i have a love/hate for that place, when its in the 90 and riding an enduro for 4 hrs non stop its either wet or dusty, nothing in between it seems

it was ridiculously dusty on sunday - like 6" of piles up red dust on every berm....the areas that weren't the race course the week before were in much better condition to say the least.

OK, here's a short video.....it took me 1.5 hours to upload this one. :cheers: I sure wish I would have wiped the rain off of the lens a bit more. How does it look in 720p? I haven't been able to watch my vids in HD because of the limitations of my netbooks video card.

I'll post the rest of my vids here or in my own thread as soon as I get them uploaded.

it's plenty clear in 720p (minus the wet spots on the lens), pretty good, especially right after you wipe off the rain drops :cheers: Personally I would point the camera a bit lower as I like to see the bike in the shots for some perspective (though not as much as came out in my videos)

which resolution are you in? It looks like r5 to me as it's zoomed in a little? it may be r2, it's a wide screen shot that much i do know.

I have found on the dirtbike that regardless of where I mount it I prefer the view from r4 as it gives the greatest viewing angle of all the settings (full 170° viewing angle both side to side and up and down).

I agree, the camera needs to be pointed down just a bit. The angle would be ok if I didn't sit so much. This was footage from the end of the day and I was too tired to stand up. I think I have some footage of the camera pointed a little lower...I'll post it if I do.

It's recorded in r2. I'll try r4 next time I go out.

it was ridiculously dusty on sunday - like 6" of piles up red dust on every berm....the areas that weren't the race course the week before were in much better condition to say the least.

well that is why i like going to scipio too many rocks to be dusty unless your on those gravel roads that run all around there. just can't seem to figure out the sand to ride in it, gotta have rocks or i can't ride.

maybe one of these days we can get a group off of the riders page on facebook and go down there for a day of some fun single track riding, i know my way around pretty good, there are miles of trails to cover also, we can ride for hours and never ride the same trail twice .

Personally I would point the camera a bit lower as I like to see the bike in the shots for some perspective (though not as much as came out in my videos)

OK, here is a different video on the same trail with the camera pointed a little bit lower......with a little less rain and me riding a little slower. IMO, this is the best angle.....you can look down the trail and still see the bike bouncing around a bit.