Gel seat

I have been looking for a used seat but have not been able to find one. Does any one have one that they might be able to sell?

Are you sure you want one? Most folks who went that route say the Suzuki gel seat is even worse than the stock one. An that's saying something:bonk:

Yes, I sold my 08 DR last year and it had that seat and I preferred it over the stock seat believe it or not. I just got an 07 DR and trying to set it back up like my old bike.

Don't do it! You'll regret it for sure. I liked my factory seat better than the gel seat that doesn't let you slide rearward on it because it has a spot that holds you close to the tank so the wild power of the Dr doesn't throw you off the bike. LOL. Get a Sargent.

Edited by bob101770

Don't do it! You'll regret it for sure. I liked my factory seat better than the gel seat that doesn't let to slide rearward on the because it has a spot that holds you close to the tank so the wild power or the Dr doesn't throw you off the bike. LOL. Get a Sargent.

+1 The only thing the gel seat is good for is short legs.... even Suzuki never once mentions "improved comfort" in their accessory add for the gel seat... just lowered seat height. Way to avoid law suits Suzuki! LOL! Yeah, my wife's 05 DR650 came with the stock seat and the gel seat. The PO bought it because he was vertically challenged but hated it so much he put the "much more comfortable" stock seat back on. :cheers: Never thought you'd hear that about the stock seat eh? Well I bolted on the gel seat and took the wife's bike for a ride to my daughters house about 15 miles... holy shite! If anyone finds that seat more comfortable compared to the stock seat they must have been Suzuki's *ss model when the seat was built. :ride:?

I bought the gel seats initially and they did get us closer to the ground. The wife and I never rode with the stock ones so we couldn't compare. For a while they seamed alright but after a season of that included a couple of two hundred mile days and one three hundred fifty mile day we knew it was time to upgrade. We went with a Renazco rebuilds of our stock seats and have never looked back. They're almost as low as the gels and take into account our inseam and weight. Three hundred mile days are still a challenge but our butts are not the first thing to go. The rebuilds are pricey but they've been worth it. It's too bad that Suzuki doesn't hire some seat experts for a redesign of the stock seat. I do have two excellent shaped gel seats for sale.