Sign in to follow this  

my new fcr

Hi,

Bought a 39mm fcr flatside carb today, got it on the bike and if doesnt feel any faster. Feels a little less rosponsive to. Pretty sure the main jet is standared and the mixture needle is 2.5 turns out. ALso their is another pipe under the choke lever which i put the pair valve pipe onto should i block it and remove the pair valve? I was going to atleast get some bigger main jet Tomorrow and see what happens.Please help:worthy: Any ideas?

Thanks

IMG_1024-1.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

This is the best photos i could do at the moment. I got it from a breakers yard today. All i know is its off a drz.

LOL... well the pictures show for sure it's probable an FCR, possible from a DRZ, it has the CE still installed.. Other then that there is no useful information to gain..:cheers:

So A: It's a used carb... many times that really means usedUP

You need to remove it, disassembly, ins[ect, clean, replace all worn or damaged components, consider if you want to remove the CE, then purchase jets and needle appropriate for your needs.

Sorry i forgot. Its got the standared jets in as far as i could see and i have done the 3x3 mod and got a pipe. Cheers

Sorry i forgot. Its got the standared jets in as far as i could see and i have done the 3x3 mod and got a pipe. Cheers

Standard? on a used carb? Would be better if you could state what size jets are in it, what needle, what clip it's on. Is it a OEM fuel screw? How many turns out? HAve you done anything with the AP? even checked it?

im going to get it off and clean it up and re-jet with a 155mj, standard feul screw, 3rd clip on the standard needle and a 45piolet if i can get it. Ill see how it goes and get back to you. What about the "ce" whats this? and would you remove the pair valve

Thanks

the ap seemed stiff to me but ive never come across one. Going to do the o-ring mod also.

It came with a drz boot on it so i pressume its off the 2001 drz-e

It came with a drz boot on it so i pressume its off the 2001 drz-e

OK, .. Got that.. so when it was installed it had some OEM jets in it.. in the many years since, there is no telling what has been changed, swapped, modified, or worn out.... Thats the risk of a used carb.. Your going to chase your tail listening to any suggestion here on what needs to be done, until you know what the jetting and modifications if any are, and what if any wear or damage is done..

ok thanks. Im going to open it up in the morning and get back to you. Thanks for the help.

the ap seemed stiff to me but ive never come across one. Going to do the o-ring mod also.

If it is from a 2001 DRZ, then the o-ring mod does not apply. You need to do the Eddie mod. The best tutorial I found on the Eddie mod is here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=890079

I am doing this to my bike right now, so I'll see how it goes when it is back together again. I hope you get the jetting sorted.