My wife gave me $1000 to spend

My wife is awesome and she gave me $1000 to spend upgrading my DRZ-S!

I've already decided on a new renazco seat so that leaves me $600 to spend.

A little background on my bike:

2006 S model with:

TT case savers

Unabiker rad guards

Wide footpegs

Acerbis hand guards

Custom rear rack

Nice D606 tires

TT skid plate

So, the bikes internals/air supply is completely stock. Remember I have only $600 left to work with and I was thinking of the following upgrades:

Clarke tank. $209

FCR carb. $561

Mrd/ssw pipe. $460 + rejet + 3x3 (maybe $520?)

Drc Edge taillight $60

SM wheels $? (pipe dream)

So what should I do with the remaining $600? I was thinking Clarke tank + SSW pipe (and 3x3 and rejet)...

I ride 60/40 street/dirt and the seat is a must.

What would you do?

your seat was 400!!! if you are a comfort guy i would look at getting the suspension redone with your leftover money.

Suspension.

I'm all for a Comfy seat and nothing against a renazco seat( I happen to live down the street from them) but why not a seat concepts kit? Gives you a lot more for oTher farkles.

Another vote for suspension, after that FCR

So you think suspension first? And this is the first I've heard about seat concepts. I'll give that a search.

I'm a noob to aftermarket stuff that matters so please include a rationale with the responses, I need to learn!

MRD SSW + JD jet kit..

You can buy directly from seat concepts or you can support them by buying them from wheelingcyclesupply.com which carries the kit I believe.

Suspension all the way.

The best mod you can make to your bike (and just about any vehicle for that matter) is tuning the suspension for you (springs for your weight, valving for your ability/intended use/riding style/etc.).

I can't speak for seatconcepts because I have a Renazco, but their seats are very good quality! I did a long ride today and had no discomfort at all. The stock seat hurt me in a bad way. :cheers:

I like the idea of pipe, JD kit, 3x3 after that. :ride:

KLXRenazco027.jpg

KLXRenazco021.jpg

KLXRenazco040.jpg

Seat concepts kit. After much research I just placed my order this morning. standard height firm foam and the cover will be carbon sides with a gripper top. $174 to my door. you should do suspension next

If your set on a renazco seat I seen one cheap in the TT classifieds

If your set on a renazco seat I seen one cheap in the TT classifieds

The only one I saw is for a DR, I've been looking for a used one forever but they never seem to come up.

Seat concepts kit. After much research I just placed my order this morning. standard height firm foam and the cover will be carbon sides with a gripper top. $174 to my door. you should do suspension next

Let meknow how you like it!

hart11b

I just noticed your avatar. That is my favorite plane!:cheers:

hart11b

I just noticed your avatar. That is my favorite plane!:cheers:

Thank you! Best CAS platform in the world and I'm almost at 1000 hours in her!

Very Lucky man! DM?

Very Lucky man! DM?

I consider myself extremely lucky and to answer your question I am now at Moody (I need to update my location I guess).

Ok, just ordered the Seat Concepts seat. That's what 6-9 captain and cokes will do! Now that freed up $225, so how much does suspension cost (plus shipping)?

Ok, just ordered the Seat Concepts seat. That's what 6-9 captain and cokes will do! Now that freed up $225, so how much does suspension cost (plus shipping)?

PM Eddie Sisneros or email SSpeedWorks@gmail.com or hell just call him in the morning 303-485-1858. You cant go wrong with his service and expertise in all things DRZ. Prices cant be beat also.