Sign in to follow this  

FMF slip-on for DR650

Just received FMF-Power Core 4 for my 2008 DR650 and seems like I need adapter piece or something? OD of original slip-on is 38mm, OD of FMF is 42mm. In addition from the front bolt on connection of the FMF to end of pipe is about 30mm shorter than stock. I did the search deal on this site and in pic. of FMF compared to stock you can see the difference. What am I missing here? Thanks for responses.

It’s the cylinder looking hard metallic mesh thing that goes in the header pipe. That's the gasket. You'll need a new one unless you can pull your old one out from the stock header without damaging it.

It’s the cylinder looking hard metallic mesh thing that goes in the header pipe. That's the gasket. You'll need a new one unless you can pull your old one out from the stock header without damaging it.

The fmf shouldnt need the factory style exhaust gasket. pic from procycle.com.

muffler_gasket_tb.jpg

Because of the size difference, theres no need. Supposed to use a little rtv silicone to join the pipes. I believe the orange permatex is for exhaust peices.

The fmf shouldnt need the factory style exhaust gasket. pic from procycle.com.

muffler_gasket_tb.jpg

Because of the size difference, theres no need. Supposed to use a little rtv silicone to join the pipes. I believe the orange permatex is for exhaust peices.

You're right I forgot. I had to use one with my GSXR and the Jessie mid pipe set up but not my FMF. I now have a power bomb and the FMF which dosen't need one either.