Sign in to follow this  

The pendelum s swinging back.....

Did a cross-country race this past Sunday near Memphis TN. I noticed something pretty cool looking over the lines waiting for the race to get started. Two strokes out numbered four strokes. In fact my over 40 geezer line they were two-to-one more two strokes. I think the things that make two strokes great bikes are finally winning back those who took a foray into cams and valves.

ScreenHunter_10Apr041651.jpg

Most KTM's then YZ's Huskys Gas Gassers and a few older KX-KDX and CR's

World wide, many 2t are ridden and winning racing by the top PROs ... EU offroad is full of winning 2t machines ... The 2t is lighter and just better suited for tough, tight, demanding woods \ offroad riding ... Most here are grasshoppers and can only see sx and mx racing in the states and can't see any further ...

Rumor is, Husky will have a new 2T machine out this year most likely ...

I bet a lot of people are like me:

Around 2004 4strokes seemed like the hot thing and 2 strokes were going away so I bought a 4stroke and tried to love it. Spent 5 years riding it and about $3000 hopping it up. In 2009 I tried a KTM 300, put my 4stroke up for sale, and will never look back.

Around 2004 4strokes seemed like the hot thing and 2 strokes were going away so I bought a 4stroke and tried to love it. Spent 5 years riding it and about $3000 hopping it up. In 2009 I tried a KTM 300, put my 4stroke up for sale, and will never look back.

My story exactly!!

I noticed the same thing here in GA at HS races. There are very few 4 strokes in the classes at the front of the grid, and I can actually hear my own bike (a two stroke) at the start!

Viva la 2 Stroke!!!!

You know that!!!

There is nearly always more 2 stroke riders in UK enduro's than 4 stroke and the 2 stroke's dominate the leader board.

slab3.jpg

Nah, I have no urge to own another 4stroke. Once you get used to the freewheeling feel of a 2stroke the engine braking of the 4 feels awkward.

probably few are like me.......started riding 42 yrs ago, and then in 1985 got my first KTM and it was a 2 stroke 250mxc. i have not had a 4 stroke since ( no need to and never wanted to).

Joe