Hatfield Mccoy trail?

WestVirginia

I have a chance to grab a ride down from Michigan with a group of quad guys to ride the Rockhouse area. Never been there before obviously, here are my concerns- I am a big guy for my 05 cr 125(story behind this), available gas/mpg. I like hard trails and I am a aggessive 42 yo rider and like fast tight trails. Any opinions or thoughts? We leave Thurs. if I can tie up the loose ends in time:ride: Thanks

Hey JMC, I too am from Mich. and we are heading down next week to Pinnacle Creek / Indian Ridge (?).

I have been to HM twice and here is my take on the various trails at Pinnacle Creek, Indian Ridge and Buffalo mtn. A majority of the trails and the trails that get you from point A to point B are wider - think Michigan ATV / Snowmobile trails. BUT....the scenery is jaw dropping and amazing. Along the way from point A to point B (mostly towns for food/gas) there are more difficult routes you can take. These are very technical, slower, rock strewn trails.

For the systems I have rode as stated above - you will NOT find endless miles of tight, snotty single track like Mich. but shorter tough sections which will then dump you back onto the main, easier trails. It's just a different kind of riding. From what I have read, Rockhouse is rockier (imagine that) and there may be more single track.

Just don't expect the Michigan ST trails that go on forever. That said, the variety and mountain climbs are AWESOME! Once you ride this area, you will get bored riding in Michigan because of the lack of hills in Mich. It's just great. I say go for it, you have nothing to loose and I can almost bet you will not regret it.

I have a chance to grab a ride down from Michigan with a group of quad guys to ride the Rockhouse area. Never been there before obviously, here are my concerns- I am a big guy for my 05 cr 125(story behind this), available gas/mpg. I like hard trails and I am a aggessive 42 yo rider and like fast tight trails. Any opinions or thoughts? We leave Thurs. if I can tie up the loose ends in time:ride: Thanks

rockhouse is a cool place pretty challenging !! we took a trip there last year . we had 3 sport quads and myself on my rmz 450 , the trails were not tight they're pretty wide . a lot of steep climbs , going up is easy coming down is another story lol !! on a bike . piece of cake on a quad:banghead: it is xtremely rocky !!! so run a lot of pressure on your tires. i wish evryone on my group would of been on bikes. some sections require some comittment lol . overall i had a lot of fun , there's gas stations close by , i got about 38miles from one tank in the rmz :cheers: just ride to your nearest gas station and fill up !! your allowed to ride on the road.

I too be heading to the H-M area next week with a group of guys for the first time and have spent a bit of time researching about what to expect. I think the Rockhouse area single tracks are not really the fast type your hoping for. From all the videos I've seen they are extremely rocky, more technical trails. Still fun but not what I'd call fast. There are a bunch of rockhouse riding videos on youtube that should give you a better idea. Have fun!

Thanks all. Not sure if my 125 would be enough for big climbs unless I could get run at it.

All for not though as I just got back from a night stay in the hosp. with my 3 yr old. That kills a trip fast.

Maybe another time.:cheers:

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything is well with your 3 year old.