Sign in to follow this  

Should I upgrade my crf50 to a 4 speed?

I am thinking to upgrading my crf50 with a 4 speed tranny, and I want to know if it will make it any faster in the topend or more pep in the lowend or dose it just shorten the gears and it stays about the same speed? If anyone has done a 4 speed upgrade I would like to hear some feed back or if just anyone knows a lil more about this that me I would love to hear you opinion.

I just bough a four speed transmission and a manual clutch. I'll let you know what the final result is like if I don't screw it up putting it all back together

I love the 4 speed on my 50. I had it matched up with a stage 3 88cc kit from honda trail bikes, as well as a HD clutch, and inner rotor kit. It made the bike much better, made the spacing of all the gears much better, and gave me a lot more top end.

Now I'm stroking to a 108cc with the same transmission

I use the AHP 4 speed, 1down 3 up

dude ...sell the crf50 and save yourself tons of headaches and then get the ride you really want. Trust me on this!

? what?

I'm keeping the 50 to just have fun on and work on... I'm buying a husqvarna te511 to actually ride

I'm keeping the 50 to just have fun on and work on... I'm buying a husqvarna te511 to actually ride

+1 50's are a blast, I almost always would bring my 50 when I'd bring the big bike

no head ache with them, they are a BLAST! Super reliable, upgrades are really cheap (and really expensive depending on how crazy you get) Plus its a huge blast hanging right with big bikes on the trails...

I have over $3,500 invested into my 50 and its only worth around $800-$1,100, and I wouldn't have it any other way! And I plan on dumping at least another grand into it this summer

i just rode my crf50 for the first time yesterday with a tb88cc bore kit w/race head, tb manual clutch, ahp 4 speed trans, i love the whole setup. some people said they didnt like the ratio but i dont mind it i think its a lot better than the three speed and i was clocked going 45 instead of the stock 35 i was clocked at before.

i just rode my crf50 for the first time yesterday with a tb88cc bore kit w/race head, tb manual clutch, ahp 4 speed trans, i love the whole setup. some people said they didnt like the ratio but i dont mind it i think its a lot better than the three speed and i was clocked going 45 instead of the stock 35 i was clocked at before.

yeah the 4 speed is AWESOME, I believe it lengthens 1st slightly, shortens 2nd, so the gap from 1-2 is more equal and not a huge gap, then shorten thirds so its not a big gap 2-3, then there is a 4th for more top speed.

I run almost stock gearing for offroading, although I might change out now that I just got a 108cc stroker.

I also have a 15/30 gearing setup for top speed, not 100% sure what it can do, but I'm thinking right around 55-60mph :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The tb88cc race head and 4 speed imo is one of the best upgrades for these bikes! It can't be beat. The 4 speed just tops it all off.