2011 KXF 250 Mods.

To be honest, I don't see many things this bike needs in the engine department. It makes power anywhere in the powerband and it comes on strong yet smooth.

I'll agree with Crosby, get a suspension revalve. The stock stuff is pretty good but I had a local guy I trust (CCS Suspension in Chico, CA) do my suspension and it is unreal. Not only is the bike super plush but it corners better than stock and stock this my have been the best turning kawi yet.

+1 Suspension.

the new yosh rs4 pipe gives great power up top over revs far. i put the new 2011 pipe on my 09 for now and its sick didnt expect that much gain.

Yeah?! I am putting mine on tomorrow and the JD tuner... break in ride Thursday or Friday... really looking forward to this bike. I have very little 250f experience, so my

Expectations are hopeful....

Still think all that power is worthless without getting to the ground properly or without being able to carry it through a corner.GET SUSPENSION! Especially if you are outside the 160 to 175 range the bike was intended for.

+1 on the 43HP motor. I know how much work it takes to massage all of the love into an engine, but you don't see me on the stand every sat night while you watch Speedvision - so don't expect me to start trading paychecks for head work. Stock HP is fast enough to get me in trouble.

Oh and the OP - suspension, suspension suspension. If there is one mod that makes a bike more ridable, predictable, and instills confidence - it's HP!!!

oopps... no ...it's suspension

Edited by xplant
forgot...suspension wins races

Dont be so quick to ditch the stock suspension setup. My 09 had full revalve and respring and I really like my stock setup on the 11 and see no need to have it redone. Im 150 pounds and a slow B rider. As for power, Im happy with that too and I'll leave my side comments to myself.

How do you get 43hp out of this machine?thats a 7hp gain over the stock hp.i would like to hear more,and what would this cost?would the bike be very reliable?how often would the top end need rebuilt?would the stock crank and tranny/clutch hold up with with this much power?

How do you get 43hp out of this machine?thats a 7hp gain over the stock hp.i would like to hear more,and what would this cost?would the bike be very reliable?how often would the top end need rebuilt?would the stock crank and tranny/clutch hold up with with this much power?

280 big bore kit and fmf 4.1 exhaust . takes about 2 hrs to bolt it all up .

the head needs to breath more air to make more hp thats a combination of head porting and cam shafts.making the engine bigger will make thinks happen sooner in the power curve but will not always make an increase in powerm making a 250 larger and compinsating with the right amount of air makes a real missle and you no what missles do there made to blow up thats why companys started from scratch on bikes like the ktm 350 instead of building it from there 250.We intend to have some TUF demo bikes@ certain race tracks this year for demo rides .