Full Size bike in 5 foot bed?

Just wanting to see if anyone knows if a full size bike (06 RM 250) will fit in a 5 ft bed (11 Nissan Frontier) and close the tail gate?

should fit corner to corner, but your tailgate can hold the weight of the rear wheel just fine.

Yep...just need it to be in at a 45 degree angle as Fivewide said.

put it from corner to corner, if it doesnt fit that way then it aint fitting with the tailgate up.

should fit corner to corner, but your tailgate can hold the weight of the rear wheel just fine.

Putting the rear wheel on a tailgate is a no go since I'll be towing a trailer and need the tail gate up. I do not think it will fit just by the math (pythagorean therum). Bed is 59.8 inches long and 44 inches wide (at wheel wells where front tire will be). That gives me 74ish inches diagnol. Bike is 85.4 inches long. If thats tire ti tire I might be good. I think the rear fender is the furthest part out from the bike. Also it might make a difference that the front tire will be straight and the bike diagnol. Lot of planning on buying this truck along with a very important camping trip.

I always haul my bike with the gate up, corner to corner like was said.

l.jpg

l.jpg

....or put the tail gate down and get a bed extender or moto gate for your truck.

i seen some people put the back tire on top of the tailgate while its up. as long as the front doesnt move i think it works pretty well, other then that you are kinda screwed, put it in the trailer

i seen some people put the back tire on top of the tailgate while its up. as long as the front doesnt move i think it works pretty well, other then that you are kinda screwed, put it in the trailer

Trailer is already full. Bringing the 250 for back up incase a destroy the primary ride.

I hook my tailgate cables up over the latch notches and it holds the tailgate at a ~60 degree angle. That way I can load my bike straight in and keep the tailgate most of the way up. My bed is standard though (6'6").

....or put the tail gate down and get a bed extender or moto gate for your truck.

You missed the part about I need it up because I'm towing a trailer.....but I do have the bed extender.

sorry. then put it in side to side. It will work. I have of done many times in my Ford Ranger.

I dont think it'll work corner to corner, in my dads colorado (6' bed) corner to corner just fits with the tailgait closed.

^^^^....You put the front wheel in the corner and tie it down. Then you move the rear overto the side and shut the tail gate.

if you can't figure it out on your own you got problems

I currently have a 6 ft bed Ford Ranger and it fits with the front tire on the front wall and bike diagnol. Never tried corner to corner in the ranger becuase I had no need. Be nice if someone could chime in that had a Frontier.

if you can't figure it out on your own you got problems

Well I figured I could get the answers from the forum. *If* I was with the bike and truck it'd be easy and I'd have no point in posting.

You on the other have contributed nothing except a useless post.......

my kx 250 fits in my s10 just fine from corner to corner. It's not a frontier, but it's a small truck.

Well I figured I could get the answers from the forum. *If* I was with the bike and truck it'd be easy and I'd have no point in posting.

You on the other have contributed nothing except a useless post.......

dont worry man some people are just really critical and all hey can do is tear down rather then add something beneficial. dont worry about them, just listen to the people who actually want to help

My dad has a frontier and he puts his crf250x corner to corner with with the tailgate closed with no problems.