94 RM 125 Stuck in 1st gear

Hey guys,

I have a 94 rm125 that is stuck in 1st gear. I cant move the gear shifter at all! Bike starts up and wont move even though the gearshifter is stuck in gear. Any suggestions on what might be going on?

My first thought is that you have a gear wheel seized to the transmission shaft. Any time one gear fails it takes out 3 or more parts, so that means trans shaft, gear, slider gear and shift fork in this case. My grandson's YZ 85 just did this same thing only hung up in 4th.

However, before you jump into the trans or get all depressed. Pull the right clutch cover off and look at the shift paws and shift drum. If your lucky, it mite just have a backed out bolt on the shift drum or a problem with the end of the shift shaft that moves the shift drum. Could even be the little detent wheel with a cracked or broken arm. Lets hope its behind the clutch basket and the problem is easy to fix.

Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it.

TE=Padgett;10224641]My first thought is that you have a gear wheel seized to the transmission shaft. Any time one gear fails it takes out 3 or more parts, so that means trans shaft, gear, slider gear and shift fork in this case. My grandson's YZ 85 just did this same thing only hung up in 4th.

However, before you jump into the trans or get all depressed. Pull the right clutch cover off and look at the shift paws and shift drum. If your lucky, it mite just have a backed out bolt on the shift drum or a problem with the end of the shift shaft that moves the shift drum. Could even be the little detent wheel with a cracked or broken arm. Lets hope its behind the clutch basket and the problem is easy to fix.

Just wondering If you ever found out what TW problem was exactly? I have the same bike/year and same gear it's stuck in thanks