Great debut for the new husqvarna sm449 in supermoto gp

Supermoto

The new Husqvarna SM449 made an impressive debut in the first race of the Supermoto GP season that was held on Sunday 3 April at the circuit of Busca in the province of Cuneo.Rider Mauno Hermunen achieved a fantastic second place overall on the new SM449, showing the real pedigree of this new bike. It took Hermunen some time to find his rhythm during Saturday's timed practice and the best he could manage was eighth fastest, which put him at a distinct disadvantage for Sunday's races. However, in the first race he fought his way up to fifth place, which put him on second row for the start of heat two. From there, Mauno rediscovered his form and finished both second and third motos as runner-up, behind winner Thomas Chareyre.With this set of good results, Hermunen finds himself in second place in the overall standings, which gives him plenty of confidence for the first race in the Supermoto World Championship series, which begins this coming weekend.

hermunen25101.jpg

hermunen3162.jpg

Edited by ray_ray

I thought KTM had the "worst front fender ever" award in the bag.

I stand corrected.

yep .. not sure what is going on there with something as simple as a fender ... The rear looks like a table ...

Don't matter and beauty is in the eye of the beholder .... the bikes are doing well so far in its first year ... bwm seems committed here ...

yep .. not sure what is going on there with something as simple as a fender ... The rear looks like a table ...

Don't matter and beauty is in the eye of the beholder .... the bikes are doing well so far in its first year ... bwm seems committed here ...

It's definitely a sweet bike. I want to see them do some nationals though!

I thought KTM had the "worst front fender ever" award in the bag.

I stand corrected.

It's definitely a sweet bike. I want to see them do some nationals though!

I agree! The '05-'10 plastics are still my favorite. (I actually like the '05-'07 side plates the best.) The '11's are ugly by all accounts.

I would love to see Husky race the nationals too!!:cheers:

It seems to me, that supermoto bike would run better if the were a bit lower to the ground.

See how these bikes are set up for TT racing.