Sign in to follow this  

03 125L "rebuilt" the carb - wont start

I bought a rebuilt kit and followed a lot of the instructions found on TT especially using

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688056&highlight=re+jet+stock+carb

to show how to disassemble. I replaced the needle valve and set with the one in the kit as well as the pilot screw and bowl gasket.

NOW THE DARN THING WON'T START!:cheers:

I can get it to fire with a little ether but that is not the best - I know.

Where do I start?

Make sure there is fuel in the float bowl. Make sure the floats are moving freely. make sure the jets are not clogged. Make sure the slide on top of the carb is in correctly (it will go in both ways...) Make sure the slide will close when shut. That should be a good start..

Tom

Okay the new needle valve was not opening at all and therefore no gas in the carb. Put the old one back in and the bike fired right up, but the reason I was rebuilding the carb mainly was because the stalling under hard throttle unless the RPM's are up. Where do I start with that? Everything is clean....

Okay the new needle valve was not opening at all and therefore no gas in the carb. Put the old one back in and the bike fired right up, but the reason I was rebuilding the carb mainly was because the stalling under hard throttle unless the RPM's are up. Where do I start with that? Everything is clean....

Its still stalling under full throttle?

It will stall under fast and hard throttle from idle. If the RPM's up, then no stall. Its as if it's not getting enough fuel. Is the float set wrong perhaps?

Keep in mind, that thing is not gonna rev off idle like a new Fueli 450... That being said it sounds like you still have some crap in the carb.