08 WR250R Cylinder head

Does anyone know where I could buy an 08 WR250R cylinder head and cam shafts?

Sorry, can't help. (still using mine) what happened to yours?

I can't imagine you'd buy them used. New from ServiceHonda.com, the head is about $510 complete and the cams are about $80. But you might want to get a few gaskets, seals, o-rings and maybe a cam chain, too. I'd bet you could buy all you need for under $800. :cheers::ride:

The head is backordered from Yamaha until the end of May. I can't find any dealer that has one. I can get the cam shafts in two weeks.

Again: what happened to the original?

Unless you think that you'll get an ok used one, I'd be inclined to just get a new one, backordered or not.

You could try one of the larger salvage yards, such as Baltimore Cycle Salvage, A&J cycle salvage in Philly, or the one in San Diego. They may have one as they get the newer bikes from insurance companies.

have you considered just going with the bigbore if you are replacing the head anyway, doesn't seem like it will cost too much more than just buying a new head and can probably get it in a few days.

have you considered just going with the bigbore if you are replacing the head anyway, doesn't seem like it will cost too much more than just buying a new head and can probably get it in a few days.

The big bore kit doesn't have the head, just the cylinder and piston plus rings. Plus, it would most likely require him to get a power commander, an additional expense. I take it from other posts here that users aren't satisfied with the performance of the "tuner" than comes with the Athena kit.

The big bore kit doesn't have the head, just the cylinder and piston plus rings. Plus, it would most likely require him to get a power commander, an additional expense. I take it from other posts here that users aren't satisfied with the performance of the "tuner" than comes with the Athena kit.

duh, sorry I had a major brain fart there.