Sign in to follow this  

Service manuals?

Ive been looking online and wondering what would be a better? I would like to get a FACTORY service manual for my 2002 XR250R. I keep seeing the Clymer manuals online? Are these much like a Haynes or Chilton's manual? I really want something that will take me step by step through an entire engine rebuild. Not sure if the Clymer manual was worth the money or if I should try to find something else. What do y'all use and what have you had the best luck with? Also where can you pick up a factory service manual? Does Honda sell them? Thanks

I have always used the factory manuals. They are the same ones the dealers use. They may cost a bit more, but to me they are worth it. The haynes and clymers seem to include too many variables where you have to see if you are even looking at the right diagram or instruction since they include several different bikes or year models in one book. I get the OEM manuals for my car as well.

They sell them here: http://www.helminc.com

I just took a look at that website and it looks awesome. Just what I was looking for. My only question is that on the site it lists SHOP manuals and Services manuals separately. Whats the difference between the two?

I have the "Service Manual" item number: 61KCE08 You would need the same book for your bike as the 1996-2004 book is all the same.

It has every bit of information you will need to completely rebuild the bike if needed. I don't know what would be in the "shop manual".

My only question is that on the site it lists SHOP manuals and Services manuals separately. Whats the difference between the two?

Not sure of the difference, but you want the Service manual. Sorry for the confusion. It's 102mb in size.

>>>>>>>>Trailryder, any idea if there is a 1990 xr250r manual online like the 1996-2004.

Shooter<<<<<<<<<

Not sure, but if there is, maybe someone that knows will post it.