cr80 engine

ok i got a 1998 cr80 with a seized engine for real cheep but the engine has parts missing like head and engine covers and other stuff :ride: i found a 96 cr80 engine on craigslist for cheap:banana: would it bolt right in is what im wondering? :cheers: if so is their any thing i should look out for? oh and would the parts between both engines be interchangeable

yeah will bolt right it, just check rod play and look at the piston, and make sure the crank turns smooth and the flywheel doesnt have any up and down free play

yeah will bolt right it, just check rod play and look at the piston, and make sure the crank turns smooth and the flywheel doesnt have any up and down free play

ok thought so :cheers: would the parts be interchangeable ?

1996 - 2002 are exactly the same. You have the difference in the R and the RB model, but that is gearing, chain length, swingarm length, rim size and rear brake line leangth. Engine and all other parts interchange.

Jim

:QUOTE=jump6pack;10224196]1996 - 2002 are exactly the same. You have the difference in the R and the RB model, but that is gearing, chain length, swingarm length, rim size and rear brake line leangth. Engine and all other parts interchange.

Jim

ok cool thanks :cheers:,time to get to work:banana: