Sign in to follow this  

Supercross What happened to Ryan Sipes?

Did anyone hear why Sipes dropped out at Dallas? Erin said he was winded from his crash but at that level usually guys don't drop out from being winded from a crash. Maybe wind knocked out of him?

Both went out, I haven't talked to either of them or anyone else. been out of town. I'll try to find out something today. I got to see the rerun of the lites main last night at 04:30. I missed everything else. Pooh took a hard hit AND got ran over. Ryan hit a number of tough blocks.

I think it was Ryan they were talking about being winded. I think by that they meant he either knocked the breath out of himself or shoved his family jewels up into his throat. I don't think I could ride a sx track after racking my balls.

I think it was Ryan they were talking about being winded. I think by that they meant he either knocked the breath out of himself or shoved his family jewels up into his throat. I don't think I could ride a sx track after racking my balls.

Yes it was, but I thought he came in took a breather and then headed back out. Maybe not?:cheers:

I've really been rooting for Sipes hard this year, mostly since he's a KY boy and I used to race against Justin a lot as amateurs. However, he is a very frustrating rider to cheer for. He constantly turns the fastest laps in qualifying, but when the gate drops he lets Barcia push him around like a little bit**. If I'm a 6 year lites rider with the speed he has, I go into every race with the mentality that it's my turn to win a title and I'm not gonna let some 18 year-old kid take it from me. I know Barcia is super fast and a very aggressive rider, but Sipes has the speed to match and beat him, he just doesn't have the aggression. He's too nice.

Same way for Deano until last week. I was glad to see him hold his own for a change. Once again a frustrating week for Sipes though. In second, makes a nice pass, Barcia shows him a wheel and he backs down. Then a huge mental mistake and that's that.

I believe when Ryan got caught up in the tuff blocks, it took him some time to get his composure back and by that time he decided it wasn't worth it to try to race through the field. He was already too far behind and probably not feeling the greatest.

They had him on camera after the crash, and he was breathing real hard like he got the wind knocked out of him pretty good. I think he tried to get back on the track again, but was so far back he decided not to continue racing.

I was rooting for him as well. Seems like a good guy, just bad luck this year.