Sign in to follow this  

Arm pump starting to be a factor in my results

hey, 2 years ago i started racing harescrambles in the C-class, last year in the B-class, and now im in the A-Class. Ive always had arm pump problems but it was never that big of a deal because i could get first place regardless in the C and B classes.

Now that im in the A-class it is becoming a factor. The arm pump is hindering my ability to ride as hard as i can for a full 2 hrs.

Sunday was my first A-Class race, i got 7th out of 15... not bad, but i kno i couldve done better had it not been for the arm pump.

it gets so bad sumtimes that i cant use the clutch.

heres how it usually goes, first lap im fine, then the second it gets bad. it will remain the same for about 45 min... and then it climaxes to the point where i cant operate a clutch. then i have to slow down for a lap, it goes away and the 2nd hr of the race im fine.

im 17, im in great condition.

ive been told that sometimes lifting can cause this? i lift a lot. for example i wiegh 183 pounds and can bench 225lbs 10 times.

please gimme sum tips!!! thanks

Correct handlebar and grips help. Warm up before the event and I used to ride hard to arm pump before the event. After I shook it off, I didn't get arm pump the rest of the day. Also try BenGay on your forearms before the event. Have someone else rub it in so you don't wipe it by accident into your eyes. Be sure you are not hanging on too tight or fighting the handlebars.

Correct handlebar and grips help... ...Be sure you are not hanging on too tight or fighting the handlebars.

I don't race, but I was suffering from arm pump very badly as well. I found that when I changed out my handlebars and grips it helped, but when I started to do more of my steering by shifting my weight on my pegs, it gave my arms the relief they needed. I also wrap the outer side of my grips in hockey stick tape, about 2mm high and then another level inward of that at 1mm high.

No more arm pump.

Just my 2 cents.

that all seems pretty logical. warming up is gonna be the first thing i try. come to think of it, its pretty stupid that ive never warmed up my forearms before a race

Warm up before the event and I used to ride hard to arm pump before the event. After I shook it off, I didn't get arm pump the rest of the day.

This has been the biggest thing for me. Once I can work up some arm pump and then relax, I'm good for the day.

yeah i think if you can you should ride for about 15-20 minutes and get your arm pump and then shake it off. mine goes away after i shake it off too

only problem is i cant ride before a harescramble race... i think wat im gonna try is bringin like 15lb wieghts and workin up sum arm pump with forearm curls.

try ridding with your gloves not strapped on. i get arm pump like crazy use to lift heavy during football season and i could not do one lap around the track before my arms felt like they where going to explode. a buddy of mine that races HS told me about the glove trick and it worked out good for me, might wanna give it a try.

try ridding with your gloves not strapped on. i get arm pump like crazy use to lift heavy during football season and i could not do one lap around the track before my arms felt like they where going to explode. a buddy of mine that races HS told me about the glove trick and it worked out good for me, might wanna give it a try.

hmm maybe thats has to do with blood circulation im not the OP but i might try that out..thanks man!

Dam, looks like I need to be an A level rider to get any play on my thread:lol: I'm gonna hopefully do about 200 miles this week. I'm gonna give a lot of these suggestions a try!

Dam, looks like I need to be an A level rider to get any play on my thread:lol: I'm gonna hopefully do about 200 miles this week. I'm gonna give a lot of these suggestions a try!

lol dont think u need to be an A rider to get respnses, but i was lucky to get a lot of good advice on this thread

lol dont think u need to be an A rider to get respnses, but i was lucky to get a lot of good advice on this thread

Hell Yeah,, We are here to help,, I have never had arm-pump,but, a Friend of mine did,, They found out that He had a brain tumor,,,Hummmm,, He never made it to A-class.........Dr.D..

Hell Yeah,, We are here to help,, I have never had arm-pump,but, a Friend of mine did,, They found out that He had a brain tumor,,,Hummmm,, He never made it to A-class.........Dr.D..

hmmm i hope thats not my problem

hmmm i hope thats not my problem

it,s not a tuma ( in arnold accent)