Cr 125/250/500 70 watts at idle please read

Hey guys I just made a 70 watt electrical system at IDLE!!!! for a CR250 1997-2001!!! I need help guys i want to see if i can make elcetrical systems of the same caliper for the CR 125/250/500 I have seen my friends 1992 CR250 the stator was the same and the flywheel was the same as my 2001 CR250 the timing feature was a little different. (but that is easy to modify, i have access to a 3 axis cnc). It seems i can easily make a stator and flywheel kit for a 1987 or 88 through 2007. And what i have researched from parts fisches and friends bike this electrical system kit can be easily adapted to CR 125/500 if people have any pics or info. please respond!!!!!! If you want this electrical system i have the connection through Trail Tech to make it happen!!!!!! For me it is about R&D. The flywheel i made adds 9 oz. over stock weight. The Torque, and stability of the bike in extreme conditions is amazing!!!! Plus you add the 70 watts so right now on my 01 CR250 i have a Trail Tech X2 HID racelight and there Voyager GPS computer!!!!! The best thing ever when it comes to newbies on a trail!!!! I am serious!!! a breadcrump feature you have to experience for your self, and an easily adaptable bar adapter that is beefy!!!!! not a wimpy mount at all. Please see my post about the 2001 CR250 mod that you need to read. If anybody can respond with information or interest, that would be great!!!!!!!!

Any body want to go night riding??? Ha Ha I'll be at the bend ISDE c u there

How much does this cost? I have a 1997 CR125, and right now I have lights running off of batteries. I'm interested in having a lighting stator in my quest to make the bike street legal here in Ohio.

100_2942.jpg

The stator would be anywhere from 80 to 90 dollars, but the thing is i need to elongate the hookup wires!!!!! The other thing is i need to modify your OEM backing plate so the stator won't ground out. If your interested let me know it should only take an hour or so, and i'll charge you only $20 to do it if you want. The flywheel is a different story, that would be alot more. But it's worth it the 70 Watts at idle is pretty sweet.

Stator=$90

backing plate=$20

flywheel=? (a lot more)

shipping everything= $30 give or take

So I'm up to $150 plus the flywheel. About how much would it be for the flywheel? What has to be done to it? Will my stock fw work?

I'm at work until about 7 Pacific standard time i will respond further, its alot to explain!!!

Is there anyway you can post a picture of the stator in your 125? If i see a pic of the stator i can make sure 100% that i can make the stator and flywheel combo. I would hate to have you ship me all the stuff and have me not be able to do anything. I have done it for my 250, and i heard that the 125's and 500's electrical system are the same!!! but you can't always believe what you are told. The flywheel is the only hard part for me because i am machining it all own my own, and the bore where you adapt the spindle is very crucial to meet the tolerance so it takes about four and a half to five hours to machine. Then i build it up all in all it's about a 5 to six hour job. I can get all the parts for about 90 dollars i would want at least 60 dollars to machine it, and build it up. The only thing is after i am done building it up you have to get it balanced by Trail Tech, and there flywheel balancing machine which is another 20 dollars so the flywheel would be $170. I would need your OEM flywheel for the timing positioning for the flywheel. So you would have to send me your OEM flywheel and stator, and the OEM flywheel won't come back because i would need to use the spindle out of it. If your still interested post back and i will reply, tomorrow i am working on my dirt bike tonight and getting it ready for our outdoor motocross season in Portland, Oregon. It's the longest running thursday night motocross in the US, and the season opener is this thursday. Thanks, and hope to hear back from you!!!!!!

So around $300? That doesn't sound too bad actually considering that I know of no other person offering this for older bikes. Is there any way to shave off some of the added weight? I don't think the added fww would be a good thing on my 125.

Do you need pics of the stator off, or can I just pull the cover off and take a pic?

I've been looking for something like this for my 2000 CR250. Definitely interested. :cheers:

I recently found this post and sent a pm to that guy to inquire but I don't think he is active on that site any more:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?98056-Lighting-a-1999-CR250

Anyway, here are his pictures of his 200W stator setup for a '99:

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

DSCN0173.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

Edited by Nummie

Wow. That guy is dedicated who made the 200 watt electrical system. He has to be a mechanical engineer or something of that caliper to do a 3D cad drawing then intergrated it into a 3D cam program. Nummie I know i can make an electrical system no problem for you 250, if you are interested. Fletchman I still do want to see a pic of your stator just to make sure. Nummie i posted all the pricing and info. if you want the electrical conversion. I am racing tonight at PIR. It's our local motocross race series. I won't be able to post back tonight, but i will first thing tomorrow mourning. Thanks

I can remove the added weight no problem, You can take a pic of the stator right in the bike if you want.

Does the trail tech stuff just work on newer digital systems? 97 and up for CR250's, not sure what year 125's switched over.

Is trail tech stuff reliable?