Oils

What oils do you run in yout 150?

I use Castrol 10w40 motorcycle oil. It's good quality and my local parts store stocks it.

amsoil 10w40syn

You guys run the same oil in the transmision as the clutch?

The clutch and transmission are in the same compartment. The engine and transmission i believe are different. Shell Rotella T 15W 40 is where its at.

The engine oil and transmission oil are kept separate in the bike. You can run the same oil in both. Any quality 10w-40 oil will be fine as long as it does not say that it is energy conserving. And the key is to change it often. Always follow the manufacturers recommendations when servicing your engine. And always have a manufacturers service manual handy. Its the most important tool you can have.

I run amsoil in the engine and honda oil in transmission Team Honda reccomends the honda oil because the additive in the oil for the clutches. But as said before me any quality oil will do fine as long as you change it often. also change the oil filter as well. we use a stainless filter. that I can clean and reuse.

i personally use maxima semi synthetic 10w40. it last a long time

i personally use maxima semi synthetic 10w40. it last a long time

This is what I've been running. Been thinking about switching to Rotella but with the RPMs these motors turn compared to the 250/450's I've been a little hesitant.

dont switch. this oil lasts a long time and you can run it a little lean or a little rich and its still is super good with your bike. super good oil! definitely recomended

Thanks for all the replies guys.

atf type f in the tranny

maxima 10-40 in the engine

Honda HP4S, 10W-30 Full Synthetic, in both engine and transmission....per the manual.

i run the atf cause my ktm is reklused and it works well with thet clutch system

Asmoil in the motor and Rotella (syn) in the clutch. Rotella creates valve noise compared to other oils but is recommended by many in the clutches.

Rotella has worked great for me. Believe what you want, but i got 110 hours out of my 06 CRF250R with no valve adjustments. It worked great for me.

Rotella has worked great for me. Believe what you want, but i got 110 hours out of my 06 CRF250R with no valve adjustments. It worked great for me.

I never heard of anyone going over 100 hrs. without a valve adj. I heard of guys going that long without a top end, but not many on a 250f. There is no way you have been racing that thing that long without a valve adj.

Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5w-40

Transmission stock honda oil

Rotella is good oil just I have notice in all my bikes valve train noise. I don't think it is doing damage but still there's noise.