Sign in to follow this  

cr500 & yz250 enduro riding

:cheers::worthy::ride: It gave me a woody!!!!:p I would DEFF. kill myself trying to ride a Cr500. :bonk:

Ya, the cr5 does it for me too, would love to have AF, but i have to do for now with a 96 steelie. Easier to ride than you think , just roll the whoops in 4th or 5th at a high idle! Try to ride it on the pipe and it will make you pay sooner or later! Its really just a low to mid powerband not a screamer 250 powerband. I can't justify 13k for a Service Honda, so i'll probably just build my own.

Imagine a world where a AF500 was affordable........How many people would buy a 2-stroke before a 4-stroke..........

Imagine a world where a AF500 was affordable........How many people would buy a 2-stroke before a 4-stroke..........

many soon to be darwin award winners would :cheers:

Spoken like a true 4stroke sheeple.......Yep you bought that coolaid.... Lucky for us the Euro's haven't. The 2t's demise is NOT being brought because of mechanical inferiority, but because of political and monetary BS. There, i've started the millionth 2t demise debate.

:ride::lol:

Hey look somebody that has nothing better to do but post in a thread trying to start an arguement

Got a 01 CR5 and loving it someday will have a AF

:cheers::lol:

Hey look somebody that has nothing better to do but post in a thread trying to start an arguement

Got a 01 CR5 and loving it someday will have a AF

Haha yeah. I hate when 4 stroke noobs act like if you barely blip the throttle of a 2 stroke you are going to loop it out or something. 2 strokes are very controllable motors and smooth if jetted right.

actually i was thinking more about all the people who have the have the biggest/fastest bike before they have the skill level. wasn't trying to start anything at all....

for example, a gsx-r 1000 is affordable to most people - they can be bought all day long on the used market for $6,000 or less. That means there are a lot of noobs that have one of the fastest, most powerful, and lightest motorcycles on the market and it gets them in trouble fast. The statistics prove this over and over…

I don't see any issue with a 5002t in the hands of a capable operator - my "many soon to be Darwin award winners" was in reference to if the 5002t was affordable and what may happen. in my opinion, IF they were more affordable you would see a lot of them on the trails (which would be cool). But, that would also put them within reach of the newer riders or the more casual enthusiast and therefore many people without the skill set to handle a bike with those characteristics. People with the same mindset as that I described about all the noobs that "have to have" the gsxr-1k or whatever other liter bike.

hopefully this clarifies what I was getting at - but if you all still want to turn it into a 4t vs 2t debate then by all means go right on ahead. :thumbup:

this NOOB that has been riding as long as some of you are old is out of this thread.

to the OP, I enjoyed the video. It was cool seeing that big bike get into the power and just take off. enjoy and keep the rubber down :cheers:

sorry for derailing your thread

Edited by KGSloan

Awesome Vid! Love the 500 2t. To KGsloan: thank you for the clarification; agreed the cr500 is far from a beginners bike. Most people with 250+cc experience can become comfortable with practice. Maybe not everywhere, but on intermediate tracks, trails , dunes , desert, they'll be fine. BTW; Service Honda's don't make anymore HP than a Steelie , they use stock engines with an aftermarket pipe. If you can ride a steelie you can ride an AF. Sorry about thread jack, for the whole story go to CR500riders.com and look for the thread"Truth and Lies about CR500 power" in the general section.

actually i was thinking more about all the people who have the have the biggest/fastest bike before they have the skill level. wasn't trying to start anything at all....

for example, a gsx-r 1000 is affordable to most people - they can be bought all day long on the used market for $6,000 or less. That means there are a lot of noobs that have one of the fastest, most powerful, and lightest motorcycles on the market and it gets them in trouble fast. The statistics prove this over and over…

I don't see any issue with a 5002t in the hands of a capable operator - my "many soon to be Darwin award winners" was in reference to if the 5002t was affordable and what may happen. in my opinion, IF they were more affordable you would see a lot of them on the trails (which would be cool). But, that would also put them within reach of the newer riders or the more casual enthusiast and therefore many people without the skill set to handle a bike with those characteristics. People with the same mindset as that I described about all the noobs that "have to have" the gsxr-1k or whatever other liter bike.

hopefully this clarifies what I was getting at - but if you all still want to turn it into a 4t vs 2t debate then by all means go right on ahead. :thumbup:

this NOOB that has been riding as long as some of you are old is out of this thread.

to the OP, I enjoyed the video. It was cool seeing that big bike get into the power and just take off. enjoy and keep the rubber down :cheers:

sorry for derailing your thread

Staring at this screen it was hard to figure where you were going with that 1st post, 500 are a very good all around bike, but if you are prone to whiskey throttle they'll do some damage, and it also makes things tree/corners seem to come at you at an incredibly fast rate:thumbsup:

Thanks for the clarification

Steel 500s are still way affordable. Heck of a lot cheaper than a new 4t at the dealer. It must be fashion keeping all the noobs away. Thank goodness for fashion!:cheers:

I need to get a couple before the engine swappers use them all up and turn the ones left into "collector" bikes.