Sign in to follow this  

woods 150r

my g/f has a 150r we've been trying to tune it to woods riding. she is a caplable ridder and we do 90% single track [ the closest spot is realy narly but we ride there most offten] she does well but wondering if any one has any suggestions for mods currently we have done the following

wired the accelerator pump , very noticable

jetted it to out elevation cant remember what size and the pilot too

9 oz fly wheel weight, helped a bit

trail tech bars for more rise aswell as a 1 inch riser ,really liked this mod

droped a tooth in the front sproket

she has busters skid plate n rad gaurds as well

running maxxis it's

she tried one with a recluse and liked it so that is in the future but wondering what people might have found for exhaust, dont care about the top end so is there a low end torque pipe and silencer combo? seen the thread on the full size wheels and would love to do that but need to be sure this bike is a keeper before we go that extreme.

thanks

has any one found a solution to the flame out when you burp the trottle? what cam would be good for woods riding? read in the other post that the r n d bowl helps eliminate bog any one else find this to be true? or maybey the boyesen quick shots ?

MRD HEADER pipe ... you can use the stock can (don't really need a can as well as most of the gains or shifts in power come from the header). They manufacture a CUSTOM LOW TORQUE header designed exclusively for the CRF150R ... made to provide more low end torque.

The best part is you can buy just the header alone (better quality pipes too ... they don't overinflate the cost of the pipes to cover advertising and marketing costs ... like the other brands). Do a search to see what others think.

Just do a search for MRD racing ....

Also I would strongly recommend the G2 throttle cam system. This will greatly help with throttle control in the low RPM's. :cheers:

BOTH these together are going to cost you about HALF of what a "typical" aftermarket full exhaust system will cost you ... and much more bang for the buck.

I like the R&D bowl and I also have the MRD Torque header. Both are good value. I run a FMF Q exhaust for the lower db and spark arrestor. The best low end addition was a 160cc piston and cylinder.

did you guys find these mods to help with stalling at low rpm or just increse the power down low ?

I added a trailtech heavy flywheel, but I did not have a bad problem with stalling before. It did help carry the power after letting off the throttle, like at the top of a hill.

i think the ultimate question im looking for is has any one managed to mod this bike so it will LUG

Mine lugs about as much as I need it to. The 160 kit was the biggest difference in that department. I did everything else first (except for the bowl) the bowl just seems to give it instant throttle response. Handy for lofting the front wheel at slow speeds without any clutch.

do you ride single track ? and thanks for your input , once i get some coin ill start modding

MrRemote how tall are you, and what trails in ga, HP/DP ?

you like that 150? I love playing on our old drz150, but it still didnt have enough power for me, and would blow spokes with my fat ass on it

I love it. I have done a good bit to it. I only weigh about 135 and I have had MX-Tech do the forks and have a Fox on the rear. For power I had some issues with some of the hills on the 5d's at HP, but after the 160 kit, no more problems. I do have to keep a check on the spokes.

i think the ultimate question im looking for is has any one managed to mod this bike so it will LUG

My son's bike I ride can lug very easily. I am 190# and can creap the bike at 1-2mph or 5mph up a hill. Add a auto clutch and it becomes a creaper with proper set-up and jetting.

140 m

42 pilot

o-ring

stock needle @ #3

screw out 1.5-1.75 out

MRD header

Rekluse auto clutch

Only thing I would do different is forgoe the smaller front sproket. in fact on our 150rb's we use stock front and two teeth less on rear mellows out the snappines coming on the pipe and also helps keep front end down on dead engine starts. Much more mellow with taller gearing not as intimidating makes first gear actually useable without trying to lift front wheel in slow sections.

140m above sea level? o ring on ac pump ?

800' elevation

Oring mod is the same as wiring the ap arm just with with the stretch in case the arm or rod jams

gf rode my xc-w 250 today liked it but deffinatley to big for her in any kind of tight spot, rode her friends reclused bike and was not overly impressed [ especialy for the cost]. i took it for a rip n think the extended swing arm with full size tires will be awsome. I would love to stage 1 cam it and mdr header as well as the 160 bb but she says she dosnt want its speed to change...... girls. so ill just try and get the extension on there but hubs n rims are pricey so itll be a while. we have the fuel screw where we like it and the pilot is a 45 with the o ring on there but ill have to check what needle setting we are on.