Sign in to follow this  

Husaberg FE570 heat shields?

Hey all. Looking to save my next set of pants from the melt down. I see header guards for the front of the pipe but what about for the little bit between the frame and side plastic? That's what got my pants. Is there an aftermarket guard for that? I was thinking that a good frame guard could Have a flange that would cover the brake slave and extend over that section of pipe. Anyone?

Also, have any of you raised the bars over an inch? If so did you have to extend the clutch cable? I am going to need to raise the bars as much as I can and don't want to have to make it a major mod.

Ok last one...pivoting pegs? Good,bad or ugly? I need low boys so not sure these will help.

Awesome bike (2011 fe570 S) now it's time to custom fit it to my 6'4" frame.

Thanks for any advice. Ride On. :cheers:

Ah, just posted an answer in the other thread, but here goes again.

I have raised my bar by 20 mm with no issues, so an inch should be possible.

Frame protection set

81203094000.jpg

Ah darn it I saw those but the flange didn't register in my little brain as big enough for the pipe guard. That's it! Guess I'll have to tinker with the bar risers and see. Thanks!

I raised my bars 30mm without any issues. I would like to go a little higher, but don't know any easy way.

I also lowered my pegs with Fastway in the lowboy position. And a tall Guts seat. But I still feel that my bars are too low when I stand.

I raised my bars 30mm without any issues. I would like to go a little higher, but don't know any easy way.

I also lowered my pegs with Fastway in the lowboy position. And a tall Guts seat. But I still feel that my bars are too low when I stand.

Rox sells risers in many sizes I'm calling today to ask some questions but my biggest concern is cable length. Well actually it's how solid the risers are and then cable length.

I've just raised mine about 30mm. I reckon this is as far as you can safely go with the OE clutch hose fitted as it goes very tight on full RH lock. The throttle cables seem plenty long enough to go even higher.

Tried some high renthal bars but they were barely higher than OE so went for the RFX fatbar risers and they look & feel SOLID! Had them on my XRR with no probs. :cheers:

http://www.racefx.co.uk/product-details.asp?productID=5215&CatID=18&ParentID=48&Submenu=1&Depth=1

Has anyone considered the heat tape that raps around the pipe? I'm thinking about going that route, figure kill two flies with one swatt , save the pants and reduce heat in other areas of bike.

Has anyone considered the heat tape that raps around the pipe? I'm thinking about going that route, figure kill two flies with one swatt , save the pants and reduce heat in other areas of bike.

I wrapped the header to help avoid the fuel heating problem. Also goes some way to prevent melted trousers.

Went with Thane's carbon fiber front pipe guard (awesome!!) the plastic frame guards (already starting to melt behind frame where it covers the rear part of the pipe!) Heat tape on bottom of tank to protect from heat bleed.

Also installed a fan kit to help out in summer on slow going, tight stuff. So far so good!

Highly recommend http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8#ht_500wt_975 and so far...not a fan of the stock frame guards (as a pipe guard).

I also got away with a 2" bar riser by flipping the throttle body over and re-routing the clutch cable in front of the triple clamp...no binding lock to lock and so far so good on that too.

Going with 14/50 gears now and getting a Giant Loop Coyote bag and a bar mount for my eTrex...time to hit the road!!

I know what you mean about your pants. My boot kept getting super hot. Pipe wrap helps. Gotta make sure you have a good seal and the midpipe too. I fabricated my own little shield just behind the frame to block a little more heat.

I think my problem is that I don't put my foot out off the pegs much. It just stays right there by the motor getting hot. I blame the bike having so much power, you never need to put your foot out. Just twist on the throttle to pick it up and stabilize:)13acornering.jpg