jets

i have a 2000 cr250 i just bought used with a pro circuit head pipe and and short exhaust. I pulled out the carb and i has a 180 main jet and a 48 slow jet. stack says a 178 main jet an a 48 slow jet with the air screw 1-1/2 turns out..... i live at an elevation on 2200' and will do some ridinh here, the other places i ride will be a 3300' and 4200' what carb setting would be best or what other jets should i carry?

what kind of formula do you use?

Thanks,

Nick:banana:

Do you have the manual? In the manual for my 96 CR, it has a table with elevation and temps which gives you the factor that you multiply with the stock jet sizes.

Do you have the manual? In the manual for my 96 CR, it has a table with elevation and temps which gives you the factor that you multiply with the stock jet sizes.

what kind of manual do you have? i have a clymer one and it has the chart in the cr 80 book but not mine, i might need a new manual soon though because mine got left out in the rain.

whats your plug look like? if its tan and the bike runs good leave it alone. If the plug is black just go back to stock jetting and go from there, my 93 cr 250 with 99 carb has a 45 pilot and 178 main and its slightly rich here at 1000ft about sea level and at about 50 degrees.

what kind of manual do you have? i have a clymer one and it has the chart in the cr 80 book but not mine, i might need a new manual soon though because mine got left out in the rain.

I have the OEM service manual for the 92-96 CR 250.

I have the OEM service manual for the 92-96 CR 250.

Here are the pages from my manual.

Honda_Cr250r_Service_Repair_Manual_1992-1996-Jetting1pdf-AdobeReader.jpg?1302040943

Honda_Cr250r_Service_Repair_Manual_1992-1996pdf-AdobeReader.jpg?1302041014