Proud New Owner!

081.jpg

080.jpg

079.jpg

078.jpg

Picked it up on Thursday, and I got to take it out on Saturday. WOW, is my first impression. I have read all the magazine reviews on this bike, and the reviews absolutely do this bike no justice. I am 6'0 185lbs coming off a 2010 Suzuki RM-Z250 with suspension work and exhaust and this bike absolutely blows that RMZ away. The suspension and handling for me were awesome, and well as the turning ability. Power is awesome, and I would venture to say this bike turns better than my old Suzuki. I can't wait to spend some more time on it and get it broken in. I have already ordered some wider foot pegs, hammerhead shifter, and hammerhead case saver. Few questions for you guys, at how many hrs do you guys change your motor oil / tranny oil, and at how many hrs are you guys changing your oil filters? I am totally stoked on this bike, and actually feel more comfortable on it than my Suzuki which I have spent the last year on.

Nice bike man :cheers: I have had mine about three months now. I am probably a bit overkill, but I change the motor oil every other ride (Honda HP4S), the filter every other oil change, and the clutch side oil every fourth ride (Honda HP4).

Be wary of your oil levels before and after rides. Some 2011's have had issues with the injectors bleeding down into the engine and raising the oil level significantly.

Along with the footpegs (a must), get the ignition remapped.

Again, great bike and congrats, I often wonder what bike the magazines rode, because it sure as heck wasn't mine :ride:

Ah! I don't think there's anything cooler to look at than a new Honda!

Congrats dude. I just picked up a shiny '10 leftover a few weeks ago.

Where do you ride at? I might be relocating to east TX around the end of the year.

I live Houston, there are quit a few tracks in the houston area, I ride at Three Palms the most.

Can you guys guide me in the right direction as to getting this thing remapped. Thanks

i change the trans and engine oil every three rides, say 3 hours. and change the oil filter every three oil changes. clean and re oil the air filter every ride. and change the air filter couple times a season. this works for me. nice bike by the way. the new handas are pretty sweet lookin. then again....is there are bad lookin honda? i dont think so lol

I live Houston, there are quit a few tracks in the houston area, I ride at Three Palms the most.

Thanks! I looked that place up, and it looks awesome!

damn! thats a pretty sweet looking pipe for stock. i hated how the older ones looked.

Really? Maybe it's just me, but it looks really similar to the others...

Thanks! I looked that place up, and it looks awesome!

Yeah Three Palms is awesome, Three main tracks that all offer up something different. The dirt is awesome and its usually groomed. By far my favorite place in the area!

on that year bike it is

Nope, that pipe has a logo on it. This is what the stock pipe for that year looks like:2003crf450r.jpg

But if you look at '05 - '08, the exhaust looks really similar to the '11. The '09 and '10, too, but those are way short.