Best option for west side ride

Washington

Well after a month of planning our D100 trip has fallen through do to work commitments. That being said a few of us are determined to get a ride in this weekend. After surfing the where to ride section,I figure we have three options. Belfair,Bradley,or Elbe. Centralia would be the central meeting point for the group so the distance to each area is close enough to equal to not be a factor. Somehow none of us have ridden at any of these areas. Our group is made up of three who grew up on the pegs of a bike and one who has trouble lighting his DRZ400 on anything but flat asphalt(not really,but close). My question is are any of these areas suitable for a guy cutting his teeth yet more technical than a ride down a logging road? I guess what I'm looking for is the area with the least amount of slime. A tall order this time of year,but any input would be appriciated.

UM, tayuha sounds about the best for you at this time of year. I take my kids riding there, but there are also some great single tracks out there as well....someone cutting there teeth won't be to bad off, and you can have some fun too!

You dont have a whole lot of options right now. I think tahuya is really the only decent area open right now

+1 for Tahuya....

Isn't there an enduro at tahuya this weekend?

Isn't there an enduro at tahuya this weekend?

The Sparkplug is next weekend.

Looks like it's unanimous. Tahuya it is. Thanks for the input guys.

Don't bother with ELBE unless you have a pretty hardcore jeep. A bike in here is a poor personal choice.....

Don't bother with ELBE unless you have a pretty hardcore jeep. A bike in here is a poor personal choice.....

That's disappointing to hear considering I live only 20 miles or so south of there. I've always heard of the Elbe trails,but always made my way to GIfford Pinchot or Capital forest. And both ends of Riffe before that got shut down. Oh how I miss those mud flats…

That's disappointing to hear considering I live only 20 miles or so south of there. I've always heard of the Elbe trails,but always made my way to GIfford Pinchot or Capital forest. And both ends of Riffe before that got shut down. Oh how I miss those mud flats…

I know what you mean. I grew up about 3 miles from the lake. We used to ride our dirt bikes down there and take the trucks "mudin". Ah the memories :thumbsup:

I know what you mean. I grew up about 3 miles from the lake. We used to ride our dirt bikes down there and take the trucks "mudin". Ah the memories :smirk:

I see we are pretty much the same age. I wouldn't be surprised if we drank a Schmit or a Busch Light around the same fire at some point.