Direct Injection 2 stroke?

Does anyone know about this?? Would be really cool if the 2 strokes come back!!!!

I know I don't want it. More money, weight, and maintance. Rather just have a updated carb rm250.

I wanted to ask this question aswell but thought Ild get burnt so bad by TT. Some guys on here can be super mean. I didnt think it would have too much of a difference on the weight of the bike. How heavy is a fuel pump an a couple extra cables to the EFI? But would it have an effect on the powerband? Isnt that what makes a 2 stroke, a 2 stroke?

I know I don't want it. More money, weight, and maintance. Rather just have a updated carb rm250.

No difference in HP. if your carb is correctly jetted. And what does he mean, 2 strokes coming back ???? They haven't really gone anywhere and are making a major resurgence right now. Current 4 strokes are too short lived , expensive to repair and are just as hard to ride as a 2 stroke. I still like the older thumpers but the current 4 strokes you can keep. I just went back to 2 strokes after being on 4 strokes for 23 years. I still have my XR200R.

I would love an injected 2 stroke! I change elevation all the time in Utah and temp can change 40 degrees in a week. I'll pay the money and take the extra weight. Minimal weight gain anyways...

There are already DI 2 strokes...just not on bikes, that I know of?

ossa has a trials bike that's similar to what people want

I have no doubt there will be a little more power for most of us that dont have our jetting perfect every time we ride, there also wont be an expansion chamber from what I've read, that's less to worry about damaging, they seem to be rock magnets, but will they have that famous 2 stroke hit? I do not know

there's more rumors about husaberg doing one

The real advantage of DI two strokes is that they could possibly be street legal. I would think that expansion chambers would still be useful for proper cylinder scavenging. There have been persistent rumors that Yamaha has a new RD on the drawing board. That's what I'm interested in. I'd really like an updated Yamaha RD350 and maybe a DT400. I could can my four strokes and go back to where I came from! I find my four stokes ok, certainly don't have engine problems, but they're heavy and I'd rather have a two stroke. My old YZ open classer had instant on power, and plenty of it. If it was running, it was in the power band. I don't find that true of any newer performance four stroke.

I don't miss carburetors, however.

Does anyone know about this?? Would be really cool if the 2 strokes come back!!!!

Just an FYI, I know it's not a motorcycle powerplant but:

My 2004 Mercury 115 Optimax outboard motor is a direct injected 2 stroke and met the CARB 3 star rating. I believe it was certified through 2008 for operation in California but I'm unsure after that.

The digital direct injection is light years ahead of a carb for cleaning up emissions and low rpm operation for sure. However, we'll probably will see direct injection in 4 strokes like they are starting to use in automobiles rather than going back to the 2 strokes.

If I had a wish I suppose it would be for a light weight supermoto direct injected 4 stroke V-twin with a turbo positioned between the cylinders making 100+ hp and weighing less than 300lbs wet. Mega low end torque and top end power as well. Yeah right!!!

:thumbsup:

If I had a wish I suppose it would be for a light weight supermoto direct injected 4 stroke V-twin with a turbo positioned between the cylinders making 100+ hp and weighing less than 300lbs wet. Mega low end torque and top end power as well. Yeah right!!!

:thumbsup:

+1, but I'll skip the turbo, rather have a roots blower..... :thumbsup: