Sign in to follow this  

Scored some S wheels

I finally found my offroad wheels for the SM. Im from NJ but out in SoCal right now with the bike and been wanting to do off road ridin and whatnot. Good ole craigslist came thru again and I got 04ish 2 wheels with stock deathwings minus sprocket and rotors for 400.. Not exactly the crackhead pricing that I prefer but not too shabby either.. Ill just switch over the sm stuff and see how she goes..

Is there gonna be a huge speedo difference with the 21 front? is there a way to recalibrate it? Or deal with it?

It'll probably be off be a fair margin. Best bet would be to buy the "S" speedo drive. Can't remember how much it is, but it wasn't too bad from what I remember.

I had to do the opposite of you when I bought SM wheels for my "S".

Considering its off from the factory reading faster, it may be off quite a bit with the largerwheels

Actually...I have heard that the SM speedo gears tend to be real close to accurate with the 21" wheel...but the odometer will be off. This is on account of the factory speedo being off by around 10%.

Actually...I have heard that the SM speedo gears tend to be real close to accurate with the 21" wheel...but the odometer will be off. This is on account of the factory speedo being off by around 10%.

I thought it was the exact opposite, S speedo gear with sm wheels made it almost right