Ktm fork guard pictures

Started this mod and could use a few close up pics. Tried zooming in on the ones in threads but they are fuzzy. Anybody got any ?

DSCF7474.jpg

any good to ya

Started this mod and could use a few close up pics. Tried zooming in on the ones in threads but they are fuzzy. Anybody got any ?

You bet, not only do I have the pics, but I have the bike.. :cheers:

Tell us what you want a close up of and I'll post some... But as I posted what I thought was needed already for the article, I'm not really sure what your looking for:thumbsup:

Here is another post with some additional pictures. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2276049&postcount=1

Edited by E.Marquez
DSCF7474.jpg

any good to ya

I have never noticed that yours were mounted below the bottom triple clamp before. All of the others I have seen including mine are mounted just above the bottom triple clamp. Any advantages to this? Any interferience or contact this way?

DSCF7474.jpg

any good to ya

Yes , Thank You ! Very nice looking bike. I was wanting to look at the brake and speedo lines. Anybody have the right side photo in good quaility to zoom in ?

I have never noticed that yours were mounted below the bottom triple clamp before. All of the others I have seen including mine are mounted just above the bottom triple clamp. Any advantages to this? Any interferience or contact this way?

i just prefer it that way , no issues

Is it possible to get these guards in white?

Is it possible to get these guards in white?

NOT OEM, all the after market plastic company's made them in different colors, but I have not seen any offered in some time. The two sets I did try, broke much easier then the KTM OEM ones

I've been trying to find white for a while now but have had no luck.

IIRC Eddie said in one thread that if done like that the guards will hit the axle area when the forks are fully compressed. When I was fitting mine up I believe I measured that to be true - you could always trim 1/2 an inch off if it's an issue.

This is a link to my photobucket's DRZ album, hopefully you can find some pics that help you there:

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb277/p0diabl0/drz400s/

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try and answer, I did it somewhat recently and had plenty of trouble myself :ride::cheers:

IIRC Eddie said in one thread that if done like that the guards will hit the axle area when the forks are fully compressed. When I was fitting mine up I believe I measured that to be true - you could always trim 1/2 an inch off if it's an issue.

This is a link to my photobucket's DRZ album, hopefully you can find some pics that help you there:

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb277/p0diabl0/drz400s/

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try and answer, I did it somewhat recently and had plenty of trouble myself :p:cheers:

Un trimed they will hit on full compression :ride:

I also prefer the full mounted method, for looks as well as, well they fit better IMHO