Sign in to follow this  

2011 RMZ 450 Hitting Neutral.

Does anyone else have the problem of getting in between gears on your new 450? It seems to have a very light feeling transmission! Is there any correction for this?

Suzukis are sorta prone to this in recent years. I would get a few oil changes in before you start buying a bunch of aftermarket stuff. There is definately a break in period. Foot that shifter like a MO FO, or try adjusting it if possible if its really bad.

The 07 shifter hits on the case bolt! Cost = 82.00

I did pull it out some. I will try it. If it does not work, I will send you the bill. LOL.

Yes i bought a sunline 06-09 shifter and it hit the case bolt.....no way it would fit.

Ive just gotten used to it. Last weekend i raced to classes and never missed a shift

I've got an 11 RMZ 450. first two hours hard to shift. Had to really make an effort. Now after 7 hours on par with the Hondas, KTMs, HSBs, and Yammis I've been on. No false neutrals. Great bike.

Yes i bought a sunline 06-09 shifter and it hit the case bolt.....no way it would fit.

Ive just gotten used to it. Last weekend i raced to classes and never missed a shift

You just have to grind a notch in the shifter where it hits the bolt, I've done it on my 08 and 10.

Edited by OTHG_MIKE

I thought of that but itd be a decent size notch and id be worried about it breaking.

what size boot do you wear. i have small feet and i bought jet boots that are very thin at the point where it hits the shifter. i have had zero problems. my kid has huge feet and has thick alpine stars. he had nothing but problems when he rode it. the part where your foot grabs the shifter is definatly a problem. It works for me but it doesnt feel right.

Need a more old school lever. i think it is to big to accomdate the folding mecahnism

On my rmz had the same problem so I ordered the 07 shifter from sunline. Grinded a lil notch in lever and flatten the bolt a lil where it hit no problems after.

Also hammerhead makes shifters in different lengths now for your size so maybe try them but don't give up on the 07 mod to 08+ bikes it helps a lot and no problems after a lil grinding..