Clarke 4.0 Gallon Tank

Does anybody have the Clarke 4.0 gallon tank? I'd like to get a new tank, for several reasons: more distance b/w fill-ups, the stock tank has a ding it it, want to change from white to black, & I've recently changed my ignition switch to a smaller one w/o the lock when I did the USD conversion so I don't want to have to carry two keys (one for ignition, one for tank). I'd like to see some pictures of this one. I'm wondering how much bigger it is dimensionally, specifically the width.

I have a large IMS tank, not sure of the volume as it came on the bike, but it's gotta be close to 5 gallons and I don't like how wide it is. I would like to find something larger than stock but not quite as large as the IMS I have.

If anyone has this tank or another one that you think would fit my preferences here please post pics and/or description.

can u tell me about those headlights u got on there? do u like them and where do u find them?

They are Ricky Stator dual PIAAs. One light does a wide beam (always on) and the other is a long range spot (wired to high beam switch). They're plenty bright and I haven't had any problems with them so far.:cheers:

its real easy just do a google search for the bike and tank and click on images.

Google? what is google?

That was the first thing I did, genius. Many pictures are mislabeled, plus in-case you can't read I had another question that google pictures couldn't answer - trying to get a sense of how the tank FEELS while riding by understanding its width, because (as I explained above) I already own an over sized tank but I don't like how wide it is. So thanks for not adding anything to the thread and wasting my time :cheers:

I hate to sound like an @$$hole but these kind of comments are really annoying. This is a FORUM, in-case you don't understand the definition of the word, please look it up. I'll go ahead and explain though to save you time...basically, it is a medium for open discussion, whether that be online or in a physical public place, or wherever. If I just wanted to google search everything I would not have joined the FORUM.

Thanks for the pictures and opinions everyone, I think I'll be getting on of these soon!

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking about purchasing one of the Clarke 4.0 Gallon Tanks also but was wondering if anyone knows if the tank size restricts the xr600 turning circle.

I currently have a oversized after market tank (not sure what size) on my xr600 which limits the turning circle with the handle bars rubbing on the tank. This tank was on the bike when I got it.

I was thinking about purchasing one of the Clarke 4.0 Gallon Tanks also but was wondering if anyone knows if the tank size restricts the xr600 turning circle.

I currently have a oversized after market tank (not sure what size) on my xr600 which limits the turning circle with the handle bars rubbing on the tank. This tank was on the bike when I got it.

The Clarke 4.7 doesn't restrict turning on my XR650L, so I can't imagine that it would be a problem with the 4.0 tank.

I am thinking of buying one of these 5 gal Clarke tanks for my '92 XR600.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330418107260&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have filed the steering lock stops a considerable amount to improve steering.(to reduce turning circle).

Can anyone tell me whether this tank allows for improved/modified steering locks?

I would not want to find that I can no longer use the improved steering.

BTW..many times I have been saved by a full lock correction...probably more important to me with a heavier tank...cheers

I am thinking of buying one of these 5 gal Clarke tanks for my '92 XR600.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330418107260&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have filed the steering lock stops a considerable amount to improve steering.(to reduce turning circle).

Can anyone tell me whether this tank allows for improved/modified steering locks?

I would not want to find that I can no longer use the improved steering.

BTW..many times I have been saved by a full lock correction...probably more important to me with a heavier tank...cheers

I didn't know that clarke made a 5 gallon tank.