What silencer do I have????

Can anyone tell me what brand silencer I have?? It says KXF250 2004 in a dotted stamping on the bottom rear. The PO didn't remember what he had on there. I would like to get a spark arrestor, but have no idea what to get :cheers:

The end cap opening is 1-3/4"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2756041230052265183S600x600Q85.jpg

2667493100052265183S600x600Q85.jpg

It looks allmost oem!

I kinda thought that too at first, but when I look at other pipes on E-Bay from a 2004, they are different :cheers:

Do you have the engraving on the bottom of your stock muffler?? Although yours is quite a bit newer than mine......

I figured the dotted engraving technique might give a clue, but I don't know :ride:

doesnt kawasaki use factory fmf

Don't know......

Another thing that would lead me to believe it's not stock is the amount of rivets holding the end cap on. All the stock ones I have seen have like 7 rivets, whereas the one I have only has 4 :cheers:

My 09 has eight rivets. I know this for a fact, since I replaced them all last weekend.

My 09 has eight rivets. I know this for a fact, since I replaced them all last weekend.

That sounds right. I couldn't count all of them just from the pics on E-bay. Mine only has a total of 4 rivets :cheers:

So pretty much rules out stock then ????

• 11 months later...

Thought I'd bring this back up. It's been awhile and I still don't know what muffler I have on this thing...........

I do have another question though. The head pipe on this bike appears to be a Pro Circuit. When the muffler is bolted in place, it doesn't have a very tight fit to the head pipe and isn't even overlapping that much. Shouldn't the muffler be clamped or something??? It's black around where they overlap, so I know it's leaking there. What do you guys think???

Thought I'd bring this back up. It's been awhile and I still don't know what muffler I have on this thing...........

I do have another question though. The head pipe on this bike appears to be a Pro Circuit. When the muffler is bolted in place, it doesn't have a very tight fit to the head pipe and isn't even overlapping that much. Shouldn't the muffler be clamped or something??? It's black around where they overlap, so I know it's leaking there. What do you guys think???

Slip fits usually overlap about an inch to get a good seal. And they are tight. Only the stock system uses a clamp.

Slip fits usually overlap about an inch to get a good seal. And they are tight. Only the stock system uses a clamp.

OK. Well, it's not stock so I am guessing this should have a tight fit and it does not. Once the muffler pipe is installed over the end of the head pipe, I can still move it quite a bit. Not really sure how to go about sealing it any better though. Only thing I could really do is have the end of the head pipe expanded a little bit. I still can't figure out what pipe is on it. It's not stock because the holes don't match what a stock pipe is for 2004, plus it's stamped 2004 right on the pipe, which would lead me to believe that it's aftermarket as nobody else has posted that their stock pipe has this stamping.

I am almost to the point of just picking up a used Powercore muffler cheap and seeing how that fits. This bike is just kind of a frankenstein, so I never know what's been done to it.

Time to get a new or new to you exhaust system and trash that one in my opinion. Lots of good deals out there and you will gain 2 HP. Sorry...

Well, I'm OK with this, but can I keep the headpipe??? Can someone get me an O.D. of their stock headpipe outlet?? I would assume the Pro Circuit would be the same, but I guess assuming is not always a good thing!!

you are good with your stock headpipe or the Pro Circuit one, they will have the same diameter for the slip fit. Get a slip-on if your header is in good shape, but I thought you were concerned about the fitment being loose? Get a full system and you will be guaranteed a good slip fit, or send it right back!

you are good with your stock headpipe or the Pro Circuit one, they will have the same diameter for the slip fit. Get a slip-on if your header is in good shape, but I thought you were concerned about the fitment being loose? Get a full system and you will be guaranteed a good slip fit, or send it right back!

Cool! I ended up getting a Pro Circuit pipe. Should be here early next week. I'll post after I get it installed. At least I know what I have now ?

Edited by Piranha-z