Ride Report: Racers and Ranchers 2011 Membership Ride

This thread died:moon: BUT I'm here to say it was an awesome two day ride with a cool night at HP Ranch. Lance layed out some epic single track on Sat. throwing in some awesome pine tree trails and Sun. Brian and Jim from San Juan Cap. showed me the way down to El Alamo through some great ravine riding. So just wanted to shout out to everyone that went on the ride to come in and pump it up.? And oh yeah I was the fortunate lucky dog who won the ONE helmet in the raffle (thanks Craig)?

Without question the worst organized (if you can call it that) ride I have ever been on.

This ride "might" be acceptable if it were held in the U.S., but there was way too much disorganization and loose ends for a rider to feel comfortable & safe in Mexico.

To all future rides I say - No thanks!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I did not ride the event. Did you? What was wrong? What could be fixed?

You are right..... he is entitled to be wrong. Jk! I did go and thought the ride was awesome. Great people, some epic single track, food, raffle, giveaways were spot on. Not once did I not know what was going on or not feel safe. Picked my riding group in the morning and just rode. What else do you ask for?

Anything is only what we make of it.

Breauxstradamus?

I apologize for my past comment. I try to stay positive for the most part. I guess I took offense because I'm all for the R&R mission, I appreciate the efforts of Lance and Rudy and everyone that is involved. Promoting R&R is in our best interest.

Without question the worst organized (if you can call it that) ride I have ever been on.

This ride "might" be acceptable if it were held in the U.S., but there was way too much disorganization and loose ends for a rider to feel comfortable & safe in Mexico.

To all future rides I say - No thanks!

Well, it's a bummer you didn't have a good time. Maybe you went into this event expecting it to be more of a "tour" type thing which it surely isn't.

I for one can be totally happy riding a dirtbike on most any type terrain because, well, I'm out riding. And doing it in Baja, even better!

Baja is great and i find it hard to believe you didn't enjoy riding, seeing great sights, meeting new people, and being part of the fun Saturday night.

Also, the Racers & Ranchers event is used as a fund raiser. The funds are then spent on projects to help the locals. All of us who ride and/or race down there benefit from the work R&R has done. To poo-poo the ride, especially in a public forum, really isn't taking into consideration the big picture of what R&R is all about. Racers and Ranchers does great work, we should all be proud to have been involved, and everyone from North of the Border who rides down there should be members for the good of all.

We rode fun stuff. In the pic is Steve, SurfnRide, Tex from BajaD, Pup, Head Hooter, Tex's Bro, and Kip.

BFR2.jpg

Our group started with 11 riders. By mile 4 we voted 2 off (kinda like Biggest Loser). Sorry if that sounds cruel but I was down to play ride with my buddies not lead a tour ride. If it was a biz ride I'd have made it fun for all, not so brutal.

I know for a fact I showed these guys awesome stuff they'd never ridden. Some was so overgrown I had to walk around to find trailheads and a few of the sections were so thick we had to stay almost fender to fender, 1st gear, to keep everyone going the same direction. It was great fun.

We gave back to the locals...

untitled.jpg

We enjoyed the beauty of Baja...

z023.jpg

We ate killer food...

RRSatlucnh.jpg

We saw some huge teets

teets.jpg

We ate more good stuff like these oysters (SnR on left, Rudy and Andy Grider on right)

z035.jpg

Our 11yr old son roosted with our group on Sunday (him splashing thru the creek)

z027.jpg

A great time had by all! (at least in our group)

z034.jpg