Getting rid of exotics?

I have a buddy who owns a 2008 Gas Gas FSE450 (with 0.2 hours) and a 2009 BMW G450X (with 26 hours) he wants to get rid of ( He just bought a new Husaberg). They've been sitting in his garage for months and he hasn't gotten a single call on either of the bikes. The question is, does anyone have any recommendation where he might be able to get rid of these things?

2 pretty out there bikes. I would do eBay for exposure to find the buyer who might be looking for such a thing.

I have a buddy who owns a 2008 Gas Gas FSE450 (with 0.2 hours) and a 2009 BMW G450X (with 26 hours) he wants to get rid of ( He just bought a new Husaberg). They've been sitting in his garage for months and he hasn't gotten a single call on either of the bikes. The question is, does anyone have any recommendation where he might be able to get rid of these things?

I would say he needs to lower the price. I can tell you that the entire used biuke market is down about 30-40% compared to several years ago.

How much for the Gasser??

2 pretty out there bikes. I would do eBay for exposure to find the buyer who might be looking for such a thing.

thats good advise... the gasser you might have him stick it on here.. there is a classified section about half way down. there is a market for that bike, no idea what it would bring ..

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/

I have dealt with this too many times.... if you really wanna sell, it has to be ultra cheap.... a big 5 rider simply isn't going to take a chance. One of the many pains with "exotic" bikes....

I bought my TM when it was posted on the classifieds here.

I buy my "exotics" with full knowledge that I'll lose money. I've sold them all within 3 weeks... priced accordingly. I routinely see 3 year old Husky's priced at 60% or more percent of full new retail. Stupid.

I have an '08 Husky TE-510 that is in excellent condition with a transferable title that I've been trying to sell with no luck. Not one offer. I'm selling it only because I have absolutely no free time to ride anymore. The last Husky I sold I took a HUGE hit. Unfortunately if it isn't one of the Big Four from Japan, it's a tough sell. Be prepared to practically give the bike away!

You can get rid of exotics??? :cheers:

I just buy a new one and use the old one for parts and part out or give/throw away what I don't need...

Yep.. I never did get into dirtbikes to save money. So I buy what I want and don't think about resale..

I buy my "exotics" with full knowledge that I'll lose money.

Unless it's a maico, they go up in value and if you put them for sale you have ppl fighting over them, esp. a 501 or 490. A few years ago as a joke I put a Maico 501 for sale on craigslist, in the middle of the night, just to see what would happen. When I woke up the next morning I had over 100 emails, so I just rewrote the ad as "sold" :cheers:

eBay? You have to find people who have a willingness to pay for exotics. ebay is a good option because people go on there with the intention of buying a particular item that they search for, and you have a bigger audience. Good luck. I ride the big 5 but I wouldnt be afraid of a husky, gas gas or aprilla. But the average rider who associates husky, gg, aprilla etc...with "chinese" might. Good luck!

You can get rid of exotics??? :ride:

I just buy a new one and use the old one for parts and part out or give/throw away what I don't need...

Yep.. I never did get into dirtbikes to save money. So I buy what I want and don't think about resale..

I'll take the old one off your hands as a give/throw away. :cheers:

Go to some local racetracks to sell that mini bike. Any riders there worth their stuff will like it. It would remind them of a YSR50

I'll take the old one off your hands as a give/throw away. :cheers:

OK but you have to take the pile of used tires next to the rusted heap of scrap metal :ride:

Thanks for the advice. I don't think they are reasonably priced, but it's probably true that they need to be practically "unreasonably" priced to sell.

What do you guys think these bikes might be worth?

Here's a couple pictures:

100_1232.jpg

100_1234.jpg

100_1224.jpg

100_1228.jpg

Go Fasters has a brand new GasGas 08 450 that does not have the big fuel tank priced at 6000.00...... no takers so far... been on their websites for sale over a month now..

"exotic" and "unknown" are def 2 different things ! Beemer/Gasser guy just needs to find the "right" market to advertise those in ! They do look nice ! There's an arse for every seat !, priced accordingly of course ! Oh, don't forget the economy effect on folks buying $4+ toys ... I feel it is one reason DOT legal "dual sports" will continue to be attractive, you know with the fine job our "gov't" is doing w energy policy, and the pump fuel prices which make commuting on yer dirtbike a good sell.Good luck with your sale !

delete

Edited by Ernie Scarr
Post I was responding to disappeared?

I will cut off my left nut for that BMW right now.