oil is kind of black already?

two days ago i changed my oil and didnt replace the filter because most people said you change the filter every other change. i rode for about 6 hours (2.5 hours on the engines motor) and its already got shades of black. last time my oil lasted me about 13 motor hours and it was barely black enough to change. is this normal because i didnt change the filter? or should i worry? if its because of the filter then i am gonna get a new filter everytime because for 2 or 3 bucks it will keep my oil all good for a month rather then 2 weeks

The old oil will blacken the new oil after a few mins of running as it mixes, but the majority of your oil is new so you are good

The old oil will blacken the new oil after a few mins of running as it mixes, but the majority of your oil is new so you are good

+1 you should be good for at least another 3 hours on that oil.

okay nice. should i still expect the same amount of life out of this oil?

+1 you should be good for at least another 3 hours on that oil.

3? i got 13 last time...why am i only getting 6 now?

Most people don't change the filter that often. But, put a little oil from the dip stick between your fingers and thumb and feel for good slickness. If still good ride on. I don't think you can get out all of the old oil so the old oil makes the new oil look dirty quickly.

thanks man! super informative. i guess im good then cuz its still super slick, like i cant even hold my fingers together if i have oil in between them and test for slickness:banana::cheers::banana::ride::banana::p:banana::bonk::banana:

3? i got 13 last time...why am i only getting 6 now?

well i only run my oil for about 6 hours. that's just what i like to do:excuseme:

oh okay. well its all good, its all preferences i guess. and your bike will probably run for longer then mine anyways haha