Sign in to follow this  

Rubber Boot/Manifold

Hi Guys! :cheers:

I have a 1997 KX100 which has a YZ 85 Carb fitted, but the problem is that the Rubber Boot/Manifold doesn't seem to fit with the YZ 85 Carb.

I was wondering if any of you know of a Rubber Boot/Manifold which will fit? I was possibly thinking of a YZ 85 Rubber Boot?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks and ATB

James

Can't help you on what will fit, but is the current boot to large or small for the carb neck?

If it's too large you can do what I'm doing on an old Kawi that the boot is no longer available on- modify the boot to fit the carb by molding an adapter with silicone. You have the current boot ,I bought a boot with the correct bolt pattern, but the steps are the same. I will make an alginate mold of the carb neck, then a plaster model of the neck out of the alginate mold, place the model centered in the boot, and then pour tincure silicone (I'm using shore 27) around the plaster model so it will now fit the carb.

If you think this might fix it for you contact me private and I can tell you what you'll need to order and where to get it, or you could just ship me your carb and I can do it for you for $15 (what the material costs me).

Can't help you on what will fit, but is the current boot to large or small for the carb neck?

If it's too large you can do what I'm doing on an old Kawi that the boot is no longer available on- modify the boot to fit the carb by molding an adapter with silicone. You have the current boot ,I bought a boot with the correct bolt pattern, but the steps are the same. I will make an alginate mold of the carb neck, then a plaster model of the neck out of the alginate mold, place the model centered in the boot, and then pour tincure silicone (I'm using shore 27) around the plaster model so it will now fit the carb.

If you think this might fix it for you contact me private and I can tell you what you'll need to order and where to get it, or you could just ship me your carb and I can do it for you for $15 (what the material costs me).

Thanks for the help.

The current boot is too small for the Carb. :cheers:

ATB

James

I found universal replacement boots on Bikebandit- I just bought the closest larger one that had the same bolt pattern. It still means having to make the adapter but it gets you a boot.