DIY exhaust insert?

I have a friend who also has a 450x but is missing the muffler insert. We're going to an event with a 96db limit. Any ideas on how to make something like the stock insert? Or has anyone measured the db level without the insert? Pretty sure it would be over the limit but neither of us have a decibel meter.

I have a friend who also has a 450x but is missing the muffler insert. We're going to an event with a 96db limit. Any ideas on how to make something like the stock insert? Or has anyone measured the db level without the insert? Pretty sure it would be over the limit but neither of us have a decibel meter.

Those stock exhausts were usually all over eBay or Craigs last I looked. In fact, I GAVE three stockers to a bud because they just wouldn't sell on Craigs.... and too big to ship (or I didn't want to deal with it).

It's probably not worth the risk to try and make one (unless you have access to a welder, the fine screen, and some thin wall tubing in the right size - and are pretty handy in the garage)..... just find one someone is willing to part with! Much easier!

Try to PM MotoManX... he might be your huckleberry. :cheers:

I do have a welder and think I can make something pretty easily so gonna go that route. BTW I used a decibel iphone app and measured 96db without the baffle insert.

I have the screen in with the baffle cut off at flush inside. It looks stock from the out side. I have not tested it but have never had a problem at a DS ride. In fact most of the time I tell them it's stock, they look at it and the tech people don't even have me start it up. Good luck.