Sign in to follow this  

Please help about Honda XR600

Hi to everyone,

if somebody can help me about my dilemma about one "Honda XR600R". It is just very confusing.

http://www.mojauto.rs/polovni-motori/673157_Honda_xr-600-r_1994_god

on this link there is XR600 for sale, but man said that this bike has electric start. Year made is 1994.

If someone, from pictures, can recognize is this really Honda XR600R or some Frankenstein made from Dominator engine and XR frame? It is also confusing me because it has kickstarter.

It is very far away from me (about 600 miles), and I rather avoid unnecessary trip if it is fake.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi

Thats not a 1994 model, not sure what year the engine is but the rear wheel is drum brake which only came out till 1990 and the rear shock is the older pre 1990 shock also the headers on the bike are from 1988-1990.

Hope this helps,

Graeme

• Like 1

Yes, it looks alot different than my 1994. Good looking but not all original.

Thank you both, I've gave up buying that bike because seller told me that he doesn't know from which honda model is engine embedded in XR frame. It looks like it is from Dominator to me

There's really not much to be afraid of as far as the "Frankenstein" factor. Most honda 4 strokes can swap all KINDS Of parts with no problems whatsoever.

There's a lot more that works than will cause problems.

I wouldn't give up on that because it's a "Frankie", looks like a really nice bike to me! Electric start with a kicker backup - LOTS of guys would LOVE to have that setup!

I'd buy it without a thought if the price was reasonable and it checked out ok.

Thank you both, I've gave up buying that bike because seller told me that he doesn't know from which honda model is engine embedded in XR frame. It looks like it is from Dominator to me[/QUO

There's got to be a manufacturing number on it, with that you can find out what the motor is from.

Don't know how common these bikes are over there, but if not, I"d be seriously checking this out further.

You are being scared off by that motor, but if it's newer, that's a GOOD thing. And as I said about the electric start........ :cheers:

This COULD be nicer than a stock XR600 of that vintage.

Good straight looking bike that,,and electric start.. XR/XL/XRL engines are all close enough to the same to really not even be a concern..That thing looks like its never touched dirt so that has to be a bonus on condition.

Next week I will be near this bike , so (after last suggestions) I will go and test it. My primary care , about this bike, is about its weight. I'll let you know what I have done