"Y" Radiator hose kit

Does anyone know if a "Y" radiator hose kit is made for the KLX 450? It appears one is made (pro circuit and CV4) for the KX 450F but I am not sure if it would work. Your help is appreciated.

Edited by mugs

A side question about the Y hoses, are they worth the extra money of the regular hose? the upgraded CV4 hoses are silicone, so I understand they're more heat tolerant and a better, less prone to fail material, but are the Y kits worth the money? the regular hoses are like $80 more.

Used to be they were made of plastic that would melt under extreme conditions. Not sure about ours. The Y kit eliminates that possibility.

When given this choice most go with the Y kit.

Edited by lumpy790

I agree on the Y hose kit,,but where do you get them for the KLX 450?

Any one near Charlotte area (NC & SC) to help test fit a set on their KLX450?

You would notice or feel no peformance gain at all with the Y hose kit. It just looks cool. That is the only reason I did.

You would notice or feel no peformance gain at all with the Y hose kit. It just looks cool. That is the only reason I did.

The thing I hear most from customers is the benefits of ease of disassembly using the Y kit.

I have the AIS rad hose kit for a kx 450f and only had to trim a small amount of hose on one of the big hoses, been on mine for about 1 yr now and have had no problems, cost $35.00 on ebay,

I always wondered about the quality on those ebay kits. for under $40 seems like you can't go wrong, but I tell you what, I sure wouldn't want a radiator hose failing on my while out on the trail or something.

The y-hoses are great. Expensive but I highly recommend them. One big plus is removal... they slide right off, no tugging on the radiators nipple. DSC02325.jpg