Jmazza99DR350

DR350 Kick Start Conversion...

I have heard a lot of talk on this subject from time to time but never have really seen evidence of it happening...I have a 99DR350se Electric Start...I am getting into Enduro racing on this thing, and I absolutely refuse to let my bike die in the woods anymore like it has been....You don't get many shots to get her running after you go down...maybe 6 or 7 times and the battery is shot if you can't fire her up..This is a common issue...So does anybody know the down and dirty on the conversion? I would like to have BOTH...with a de-compression lever. I will not get a different bike I am in love with my DR! :cheers:

You could get a 95 or earlier model...just no electric start...I have a 1993 DR350S and the kicker is tough, but I always wish I had electric. I heard its either expensive or difficult to convert it. Not sure though.

Here is how its done....but all the directions are in German

http://decker4u.de/moppeds/dr350se.html?start=2

I used google translate on the first couple paragraphs and it looks like they are using all factory parts. Good Luck!

Also, http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796012

I added the factory kick start kit on my DRZ400 and the steps look very similar - you may want to read through the DRZ kickstart install steps to get a feel for that install since its in english and at least on the surface looks close to what you would need to do on the DR

http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/gallery/136763#4997029_yDKix

I have heard a lot of talk on this subject from time to time but never have really seen evidence of it happening...I have a 99DR350se Electric Start...I am getting into Enduro racing on this thing, and I absolutely refuse to let my bike die in the woods anymore like it has been....You don't get many shots to get her running after you go down...maybe 6 or 7 times and the battery is shot if you can't fire her up..This is a common issue...So does anybody know the down and dirty on the conversion? I would like to have BOTH...with a de-compression lever. I will not get a different bike I am in love with my DR! :ride:

You can do all of that... or, you can get a Shorai lithium battery. its crazy strong and will spin the starter very fast for about 4 minutes straight. I have an e-start only KTM and that completely solved my worries and concerns.

Does anyone have any of the pictures from the German site saved?? It is no longer up. I need to know if when I installed everything it misaligned something. It runs but sounds horrible. Like the kick start is not disengaging. 

On 6/6/2018 at 9:58 PM, Mcwille117 said:

Does anyone have any of the pictures from the German site saved?? It is no longer up. I need to know if when I installed everything it misaligned something. It runs but sounds horrible. Like the kick start is not disengaging. 

I found a copy using the wayback machine  you will have to zoom in . Also included a photo of what it would seem you will need. hope it helps ..hoping to do mine one day. Cheers ,Bill in Devon UK1578637854_dr350kickstart.thumb.jpg.94df723e0f286724bd911b001cc18eb0.jpg1268739840_bobskickstartkitfordr350se.jpg.3b3705052ab7a744778fe18ec1011515.jpg