will crf 450 SM wheels fit on a xr?

i have a buddy that wants to sell me his supermoto wheels off his 03 crf 450. my plan is to buy a xr 650 and make it a sweet street cruiser. will the wheels and brake re-locaters fit? if not what do i need to make this work?? thanks in advance

Generally, you can swap most wheels from bike to bike with a bearing, spacer and bracket adapter change. If you have a lathe or mill, know some who does or pay to have it done then it's pretty easy.

...done it with an xr400 front, motomaster 320mm relocater (for xr forks),different wheel bearings plus spacers and found a smaller moose (mud) rear brake rotor ,or take an cr rear rotor and machine to xr400's radius

guess those guys got stuck too easily. ?

So you can make CR wheels work with XR forks AND XR wheels with CR forks??

Sure could have saved me some wheel buying!

lol...the only rear rotor i could find

and the chain ran on a tiny angle ?

Edited by josmo
add

• 1 month later...

I got crf rims in my XR650R ? it was an easy job to do

Front rim is 3,5'' with a 120/70/17 pirelli supercorsa tire and rear is 5'' with a 160/60/17 maxis supermaxx tire.

I got it with the crf front brake 320mm adapter and its a straight fit on a xrr fork.

Only changed the bearings and used cr spacers to go with the original axles, all got lined up like it shut be.

sdc10954d.jpg

sdc11222.jpg

sdc11224.jpg

sdc11223z.jpg

Edited by rikco

no chain rub on my rear tire but when you dont keep the chain in good shape it will touch it a little bit.

it's all verry close with the 5'' rim and 160/60 tire.

on the first picture i had a continental road attack (also 160/60) tire and that tire got more chain rub then the maxxis tire.

the white chainslider needs to be modified a little or it will touch the rim. :ride:

sdc11580h.jpg

Edited by rikco
added a picture