Anyone run PC racing or Moose oil filters?

IMO, both of these are cheap, offshore knock-offs of a Scotts. Since you can buy a Scotts and use it for the life of your bike and the next two YZF's you buy after that, I don't know why you would cut corners on it. I have seen 3 of the bargain filters fail in different ways (3 different brands), and one resulted in engine damage.

IMO, both of these are cheap, offshore knock-offs of a Scotts. Since you can buy a Scotts and use it for the life of your bike and the next two YZF's you buy after that, I don't know why you would cut corners on it. I have seen 3 of the bargain filters fail in different ways (3 different brands), and one resulted in engine damage.

What other brands have you had issues with?

Iv'e had Emgo filters desintigrate and come out of the box with holes in them. I avoid them like the plague.

I usually use OEM, K&N, or HiFlo filters. The K&N and HiFlo are made in the same factory in europe and have provide good results for me.

I have used Fram in the past and never had problems but they aren't my first choice.

What other brands have you had issues with?

Iv'e had Emgo filters desintigrate and come out of the box with holes in them. I avoid them like the plague.

I usually use OEM, K&N, or HiFlo filters. The K&N and HiFlo are made in the same factory in europe and have provide good results for me.

I have used Fram in the past and never had problems but they aren't my first choice.

I run Scotts stainless filters only, and my comment was meant to address the first respondent's endorsement of the Moose Stainless.

It may be that the OP was referring to fiber mat ("paper") filters. With the paper filters in general, I would think that one could find a true "bargain", but "you get what you pay for" still applies.

Regarding the choice between the two media types:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4676297#post4676297

Can you tell me what brands they were?

I may buy the Scott oil filter, but its hard being a teen and only making $150 working at the grocery store. So I really gotta justify my purchase if I'm spending $75 on a filter.

I run Scotts stainless filters only, and my comment was meant to address the first respondent's endorsement of the Moose Stainless.

It may be that the OP was referring to fiber mat ("paper") filters. With the paper filters in general, I would think that one could find a true "bargain", but "you get what you pay for" still applies.

Regarding the choice between the two media types:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4676297#post4676297

I've hade the reusable/disposable debate ringing in my ears for many years and still can't decide what to use. My only concern is cleaning a ss mesh filter. I have visions of myself becoming anal compulsive about a tiny spec that wont blow off with carb cleaner and resorting to picking pieces out only to destroy a $35 filter.

Can you tell me what brands they were (that failed)?.
One was a Ready Racing, but the others I don't recall precisely. There are some that are the same filter sold under different names, and the Moose is certainly going to be one of those.
I just decided I'm gonna run hiflo filters until I can do it right and get a Scott.
Good plan. But do a little math and figure out how many HiFlo's you get for $70, then use your oil change interval to see how long it takes for the Scotts to "pay off". The third one I bought was essentially paid for by the money I saved with the first two, so in a way, even though I have a clean filter with every single oil change, I've never paid for a filter for my '06.
I've hade the reusable/disposable debate ringing in my ears for many years and still can't decide what to use. My only concern is cleaning a ss mesh filter. I have visions of myself becoming anal compulsive about a tiny spec that wont blow off with carb cleaner and resorting to picking pieces out only to destroy a $35 filter.
The thing to remember is that mesh filters are absolute filters. It really doesn't have to be perfectly clean, because if something is too large to pass once, it can stay on the dirty side forever without passing. This is unlike a paper filter, which can and often does release previously trapped particles back into the oil.

The thing to remember is that mesh filters are absolute filters. It really doesn't have to be perfectly clean, because if something is too large to pass once, it can stay on the dirty side forever without passing. This is unlike a paper filter, which can and often does release previously trapped particles back into the oil.

please explain

As the post explains, it will vary, mostly based on what set of beta numbers the filter maker wants to use. Most good ones will stop SOME percentage of some very small particles, as fine as 15 microns perhaps, not not all. What they don't talk about is that they won't always stop all particles as large as 80-100 microns, nor the fact that captured particles can wiggle free and go for another lap or two around your engine.

By contrast, mesh filters will stop everything larger than their mesh size on the first encounter, and never let it pass.

The 35 micron limit of the Scotts is not as fine as I'd like, but mesh filtration of engine oil has demands of durability that currently can't be met with anything but medical grade stainless steel (actually it could, but the price would be...), and to make SS mesh any finer would take us back to the price issue again. If I had my ideal setup, it would be dual filters in series, with a Scotts first, followed by a high grade paper element.

Moose may be a so called cheap knock off,but I've still had no problems and inspect/clean it every oil change,and I've been using it for years. I'm sure every company has had a few issues (yes,probably even Scotts),that's the problem with mass produced anything (you ever get a recall on your car/truck?).