BEST 250 2stroke

I ride open wheeler trails, tight sigle track, technical trails, and I ride on the track. What is the best 250 2sroke bike for this wide range of riding?

yz250 or rm250, owned them both and both have worked great for what i did which was 95% trail riding

Ktm 250xc

Either a KTM XC or XC-W would be best, but the YZ and RM are good bikes too with a bit of setup, mostly in the suspension area. They both come with full blown MX susp that isn't too friendly in single track trail hack.

Pre 02 Cr250 with a flywheel weight=woods killer, or an rmx 250 wich already has a flywheel weight light and trail suspension

YZ

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Go with a european brand that is set up for woods riding and still advancing 2 stroke tech. like a Gas Gas, KTM, Husky, or TM all great bikes

You can't buy a bad one. They all have great engines. There are no horrible modern bikes. I had a blast on a CR 250. Fantastic chassis, brakes, suspension, handling, etc.

Ktm 250xc

:thumbsup: or 300

You can't buy a bad one. They all have great engines. There are no horrible modern bikes. I had a blast on a CR 250. Fantastic chassis, brakes, suspension, handling, etc.

Ya, iv been told that a CR250 is the way to go

:thumbsup: or 300

Iv driven the 300 and that is a really nice bike, only i jump it off a small one and it bottomed.

Iv driven the 300 and that is a really nice bike, only i jump it off a small one and it bottomed.

GAS GAS or KTM xc ,set up the suspension on the 300.

Was it the XC or XC-W. You wont bottom the XC CC Forks, unless you hit it really hard. XC-W is set up much softer.

kx250!? haha thats what i ride in the trails. we have both wheeler and tight trails and even a homebuilt track! the kx awesome imo. but it needs slight mods for tight stuff. if you have the money get a ktm or newer yz. if not, look for a nice 250 mx bike. you really cant go wrong with any of them. good luck!

pick your favorite color and buy it. i dont think there really is a better bike when your talking about 2 strokes. they are all built well. your just going to get a million different answers from everybody else and what they ride.

Was it the XC or XC-W. You wont bottom the XC CC Forks, unless you hit it really hard. XC-W is set up much softer.

it was a 2008 xc. and i didnt land that hard

pick your favorite color and buy it. i dont think there really is a better bike when your talking about 2 strokes. they are all built well. your just going to get a million different answers from everybody else and what they ride.

Ya thats deffenetly what i have noticed. people recomend the bike they ride. but i like to get different oppinions.

Ya thats deffenetly what i have noticed. people recomend the bike they ride. but i like to get different oppinions.

I have owned Honda`s and Yamaha`s prior to my KTM`s. I just believe that KTM`s are set up much better for off road. Although I think a YZ 250 would be a blast.

Ya, iv been told that a CR250 is the way to go

Thats not a bad way to go but also not the only way.... I have found over the years that people that say get this or that is mostly because thats the brand (some times only) they have. After owning both jap (yz/ yzf/rmz/cr/kx/kdx) and euro (ktm) (2&4 st) I've spent less money on repairs with the euro. bikes and less times hunting parts.... Picking a color is never bad but picking a ready to ride off road bike makes everything so much easer......

BTW....there is NO BEST anything!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to say 98' KX250, just look it up and you'll find nothing but GOOD things about it. I've rode and owned 98's and 05's and I like the 98 hands down the best.